1st time Cruiser on Carnival Glory

I hear you there, I have only been on 7 day cruises, and have no desire to go for a shorter one, I have been spoiled.

MAC

We've done 7, 10 and 14 day cruises. Quite honestly even though I enjoy being on vacation longer, the 7 day trips seem to be the most fun. In fact if we were to decide to do 14 days again, we'd do two 7 day trips back to back, maybe even get crazy and make it on 2 different ships for some variety. We're booked for a week on the Glory in sept, our first carnival cruise and Im really looking forward to it.

orffwego - have you been to any other beaches in Cozumel? We can't decide if we should go to Nachi Cocom or Paradise Beach.

Hey Donna!

We've only been to Nachi Cocom and can speak on its behalf. The drinks, food and service were top-notch. We felt it was worth the money. Our party consisted of 4 adults; one teenager. You book through Island Marketing, Ltd.

We were the first group to arrive on that Monday; (we might've been the only cruise ship in town that day, too), and were warmly welcomed to choose our spots on the beach. We were positioned under palapas that had two lounge chairs, side tables and a built-in circular wood shelf around the middle of the wood base of the palapa. Our waiter was wonderful, kept the drinks flowing and we ordered off the menu and ate on the beach within the first hour & a half of our arrival. Later on, we walked up to the huge restaurant palapa and ordered lunch and ate there. The bathrooms were well-maintained; tile floor, clean. There was an outside wash-off shower, too.

We had brought several pairs of goggles from home and enjoyed swimming and looking at fish and sealife right there. (we forgot other snorkle stuff, but we didn't mind.) Right nearby, a guy is available to take you for a snorkling tour if you wish...he introduces himself once, and that's it. I think it was $35 for an hour and a half excursion. We just used this time to chill and relax and this place offered just that! Absolute peaceful day in paradise. :) There must have been no more than 30 people at Nachi for the entire day we were there. There is also a good size swimming pool, which has a swim-up bar at the end of it.

Some family members went to Paradise Beach on the same day. They got there early, too, but left early due to so much sun exposure. Their kids enjoyed the huge water climbing aparatus that was there.

Hope this helps!

Returned on June 23 from our first. We sailed the Glory and loved it. We are already looking forward to our next cruise on the Glory. We were in 6352 (w/balcony).

Hi,

My sister is booked in 6351 did you have any noise from below?

thanks,

Carla

• 1 month later...

Hubby and I just returned from the Glory on the 14th of July.. our 2nd time.!

It was GREAT as we both expected! However I was a bit disappointed in finding the door locked to the little hide away (balcony) at the front of the ship on deck 10. Anyone else ever found this hidden door?

I must mention though that taking a 7 day the 1st time might not always be the wisest choice because then nothing but a 7 day or longer can compare.

Happy cruising!

My worst cruise was a 4 day to the Bahamas on the Fantasy. A lot of people partying in hallways, crap left everywhere, poor service, etc. If it had been my first cruise, I may not have gone again. My MIL still does not like Carnival based on that experience.

All other trips have been wonderful, and now I am the guy partying in the hallways:D :o

My worst cruise was a 4 day to the Bahamas on the Fantasy. A lot of people partying in hallways, crap left everywhere, poor service, etc. If it had been my first cruise, I may not have gone again. My MIL still does not like Carnival based on that experience.

All other trips have been wonderful, and now I am the guy partying in the hallways:D :o

I don't mind people partying in the hall way.. I'm on my cruise to have a great time.

My motto, go with the flow and don't let ANYTHING get you down.!

Hello,

My family and I will be booking a cruise for '08 next month on the Carnival Glory. I was just wondering what if any advice you guys had for me.

Or your experiences with this cruise line or this boat.

Welcome 1stTC, I am sure you will enjoy the Glory. We cruised on the Glory the end of june and I have given you a link to my review that also has pictures.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=585032

Archived