Dead Horse Question

sjohnson529

IF Carnival designated one dining room for resort casual/formal, and one for "wear whatever the he!! you want, which would you go to? Also, if there is only one dining room (as in some ships) but different times, and one time was resort casual/formal and the other "wear whatever the he11 you wanted", again, which one would you choose? And Why?

Most nights I would go to the resort/formal dining room. If I have a really tiring day perpaps I would go to the other dining room. Not big on buffets for dinner, I can sort of handle it for lunch, but for dinner I prefer to be catered too.

If I had to choose between the times I would choose the resort/formal time. Like someone else said I don't want to see some guys body hair poking out of tank top, no thanks.:eek: When I eat I want to enjoy the whole experience which includes service, food, atmosphere etc.

IF Carnival designated one dining room for resort casual/formal, and one for "wear whatever the he!! you want, which would you go to? Also, if there is only one dining room (as in some ships) but different times, and one time was resort casual/formal and the other "wear whatever the he11 you wanted", again, which one would you choose? And Why?

FTLOG....Stop.......Silliness...and nonsense.......Grow up....leave it alone.....who really give a s#!t.....:mad:

On the other hand I think that if there were two different dining attire rooms...here's what they should do. For those who like to follow the attire of the evening...put them in the diningroon that severs prime rib ,lobster and rack of lamb.

For those who would prefer to dine in shorts and tank tops like they were eating at Mickey D's. feed them "Happy Meals" and while I'm having my rack of lamb and lobster I will be very "happy".:D :D

It doesn't work because the majority of cruisers dresses to Carnival's recommendation. Even when they are not dressing exactly as Carnival suggests, the vast majority is still presentable.

There would always be people having to deal with the riff-raff.

My wife and I would go to The Formal Dress Dining Room each and every night. Why, because we think it is a lot of fun when we're on vacation to get dressed up in the evening and go to diner. We don't go out to place where you have to dress up back home. So we both really enjoy doing it when we're on the ship. Plus it is an excellent chance to get some very nice pictures taken of us. Most couple might have nice pictures of themselves from their wedding in their house. Now for most people how often do they update their formal pictures of themselves.

Apparently you give a s___ or you wouldn't be on this thread. Don't answer thread you have no interest in moron.

:)

Given a choice, I'd opt for the dressier dining room, but the status quo doesn't bother me, even if some choose to dine in capri pants and Crocs with lanyards around their necks and fanny packs around their waists.

:D

Given your present scenario; I would opt for the more formal dining room. I would prefer not to have to wear a tux every night; but I have no problem wearing a jacket to dinner each night especially if a tie was not required. But I would rather wear a jacket and tie each night, then shorts and t-shirt. JMHO.

Oh glad to hear that denim is allowed on non formal dinners because dh will want to wear nice jeans and shirt on those nights. I think on our first cruise he wore khakis because I was too afraid of him being under dressed!

don't sweat the jeans on non formal nights. It was even accepted on formal night with T shirts and sandals last week.:)

Bill

OK this is just my two cents...but the purpose of the formal dining room is to have a fine dining experience. Hence, a dressed up appearance is desired. If you don't like formal dining, go eat at the buffet.

Now, this is an extreme example, but picture yourself cruising long ago on a ship like the Titanic, the Lusitania, or the Queen Mary. Would you even think about showing up in the formal dining room in jeans? Of course not! But the world has changed since then, and a lot of things are for the worse.;)

don't sweat the jeans on non formal nights. It was even accepted on formal night with T shirts and sandals last week.:)

Bill

Why is that you keep implying and encouraging others to wear jeans on formal night? I have seen you post similar responses. If they were allowed in on formal night in jeans, t shirt and sandals then it is rather obvious that someone was not doing their job.:rolleyes:

Why is that you keep implying and encouraging others to wear jeans on formal night? I have seen you post similar responses. If they were allowed in on formal night in jeans, t shirt and sandals then it is rather obvious that someone was not doing their job.:rolleyes:

And why not? If they are allowed what's the problem? I was always on the other side of the battle but after the last cruise I've been beaten down.

Any future cruises I have on CCL will be without formal wear. I still won't wear jeans and I'll dress nicely but without all the extra gear.

People are stressed about jeans on casual night. It is all for naught. If jeans are permissable on formal nights I don't see anybody having to worry about casual nights.

Have you read other threads? The say the maitre'd was encouraging people to just show up no matter what you had on and this was for formal night.

The bottom line is CCL doesn't want to offend anyone. If they did they might just cruise on another cruiseline and Carnival wants them back so it seems like it's anything goes.

Just as a side note I mentioned this on my comment card and sent an email to Carnival upon my return.

Simply stated I said it was very frustrating and confusing and to do away with formal night or enforce.

I'd like to see it enforced but there is no utopia.:)

Bill

My opinion may not count but here goes anyway.

Carnival has the buffett, and the formal dining room. If you do not want to dress formal, that is why the buffett.

We do not go HOG WILD in dressing formal. More like semi formal. Of course there are only 2 maybe 3 nights on 7 day cruises that we use teh formal dining area. Most of the time we are in the buffett area. Mainly because my DH does not like to dress up.

So change the Policy? I think not. That is why they have the alternate dining areas. There is always something to eat. the Deli, Chinese, Fish, Pizza, Hamburgers, room service. most avaiable 12 hours a day, with the exception of the Pizza and room service which is 24 hours.

So if you don't want to dress up on formal night, eat elsewere. But make one dining room/time formal and another casual. NO.

If you are looking at "The Love Boat" and thinking that is the way cruising is suppose to be, it is not. All but one or two nights is casual dining. there are only 2 formal nights on a 7 day. and 1 on shorter. So why make people get uncomfortable on all nights.

Personally, I say eat naked on your balcony. Put on a robe for room service, though. :p

I say we eat nekkid on your balcony....

Men will sport black ties and "TAILS".......only......:eek: :eek: ;)

My opinion may not count but here goes anyway.

Carnival has the buffett, and the formal dining room. If you do not want to dress formal, that is why the buffett.

We do not go HOG WILD in dressing formal. More like semi formal. Of course there are only 2 maybe 3 nights on 7 day cruises that we use teh formal dining area. Most of the time we are in the buffett area. Mainly because my DH does not like to dress up.

So change the Policy? I think not. That is why they have the alternate dining areas. There is always something to eat. the Deli, Chinese, Fish, Pizza, Hamburgers, room service. most avaiable 12 hours a day, with the exception of the Pizza and room service which is 24 hours.

So if you don't want to dress up on formal night, eat elsewere. But make one dining room/time formal and another casual. NO.

If you are looking at "The Love Boat" and thinking that is the way cruising is suppose to be, it is not. All but one or two nights is casual dining. there are only 2 formal nights on a 7 day. and 1 on shorter. So why make people get uncomfortable on all nights.

Finally! Somebody that doesn't like to dress up that gets it!:D Not an "it's my vacation and I'll do what I want person!"

re: the suggestions to offer both options in the dr (b/c we all know both options already exist w/ lido)... logistically, i don't think they cld make one dr formal, the other casual, w/o completely changing over to free style dining.

they cldn't assign tables under such a system, there aren't enough, and they wld never be able to accurately predict how many pax will choose each option per night. heck, sometimes i end of skipping the dr b/c we get back onboard too late, and i don't even know myself when that might happen, until it does...

oh yeah, and i shld also add that if your choice for the night seems to be the popular one, and you end up w/ a 2 hr wait time, i'm sure it wldn't be long b/4 guest relations (and these boards) are flooded w/ complaints about that.

. logistically, i don't think they cld make one dr formal, the other casual, w/o completely changing over to free style dining.

I agree. Carnival is not set up for that. If they were to change they need to implicate this on their newer bigger ships coming out. Hmmm...maybe they will...

Not sure what the problem is because Carnvial is casual except for formal nights.

I would rather see a anytime dining then a assigned "wear what you want dining room."........

I just seem to have a hard time being on a schedule during vacation:p

Oh wait... I have a hard time being on a schedule anytime LOL!

And don't tell me to go to the buffet.......I'm want good food for dinner.......

Archived