Dead Horse Question

sjohnson529

And don't tell me to go to the buffet.......I'm want good food for dinner.......

Interesting...perhaps a significant increase in buffet food quality would solve most of the dress code problem...Hadn't thought about it that way

Logistically, it may not work. Carnival has no way of knowing how many people would choose which option at any given meal. Imagine if 99% of the passengers decide to go to the dress down meal, seating and service would be a mess. Maybe the only way it would work is if you chose one or the other option ahead of time for the entire cruise.

And why not? If they are allowed what's the problem? I was always on the other side of the battle but after the last cruise I've been beaten down.

Any future cruises I have on CCL will be without formal wear. I still won't wear jeans and I'll dress nicely but without all the extra gear.

People are stressed about jeans on casual night. It is all for naught. If jeans are permissable on formal nights I don't see anybody having to worry about casual nights.

Have you read other threads? The say the maitre'd was encouraging people to just show up no matter what you had on and this was for formal night.

The bottom line is CCL doesn't want to offend anyone. If they did they might just cruise on another cruiseline and Carnival wants them back so it seems like it's anything goes.

Just as a side note I mentioned this on my comment card and sent an email to Carnival upon my return.

Simply stated I said it was very frustrating and confusing and to do away with formal night or enforce.

I'd like to see it enforced but there is no utopia.:)

Bill

I guess what I was getting at was just because Carnival doesn't say not to wear jeans doesn't mean that most people are going to wear them, especially on formal night. On your last point we agree, it is frustrating, annyoying, irritating and so on that they try and have this rule yet do not enforce it many times.;)

Definetely resort casual.

That is why we enjoy sailing Princess and NCL. When we first sailed NCL Dawn in 2004, they had their formal dining room used just for formal attire on formal night with their 8+ restaurants smart casual. Now they have formal optional evenings where everyone dresses from smart casual to formal. The dining rooms don't look any different to me on formal night on NCL because not every man on Carnival or RCCL dresses in a tux or suit and not every woman wears an evening gown.

You can tell by this message board that there are some people out there who would like to turn everyone away who is not wearing a tux or evening gown. Unfortunately, that is never going to happen because the smart casual people will move to another cruiseline if they are denied admittance to the dining room. Now if the dining room will send my dinner to my cabin, then I wouldn't mind if my attire was not acceptable.

Carnival--it's time to add hot food to your room service menu so we can dine alone on our balcony on formal night.

re: the suggestions to offer both options in the dr (b/c we all know both options already exist w/ lido)... logistically, i don't think they cld make one dr formal, the other casual, w/o completely changing over to free style dining.

they cldn't assign tables under such a system, there aren't enough, and they wld never be able to accurately predict how many pax will choose each option per night. heck, sometimes i end of skipping the dr b/c we get back onboard too late, and i don't even know myself when that might happen, until it does...

oh yeah, and i shld also add that if your choice for the night seems to be the popular one, and you end up w/ a 2 hr wait time, i'm sure it wldn't be long b/4 guest relations (and these boards) are flooded w/ complaints about that.

Princess has only one traditional dining room and two anytime dining rooms on their ships. NCL has freestyle dining. Obviously, not everyone on a cruiseship enjoys formal attire and traditional seating. Not everyone who wears smart casual clothes on formal night wants to go through a buffet line with very limited selections and only one dessert choice.

Carnival needs to offer specialty restaurants as an option on formal night or at least offer hot food on their room service menu.

Make a game of dressing up. See how few actual pieces of clothing you can wear to meet the code? Women can you do it in 3 total pieces including shoes? Men 4? Anyone have ideas for fewer pieces.
Sorry...Grandma can't do it in three pieces. She is going to need her bra or she'll trip over her girls when wearing a dress on formal night........:eek: :D

Sorry...Grandma can't do it in three pieces. She is going to need her bra or she'll trip over her girls when wearing a dress on formal night........:eek: :D

:mad: Hey wait a minute, I'm a Grandma of 4 and the girls are still quite perky thank you;) ,

They could always wear a dress with built in support.

:mad: Hey wait a minute, I'm a Grandma of 4 and the girls are still quite perky thank you;) ,

They could always wear a dress with built in support.

But are the Grandkids over 50 yearss old...???;)

Be careful how you answer this.........:D

Built in support just won't cut it for the girls. That's where duct tape comes in. I knew I'd find a use for it eventually! That's 2 shoes and 1 duct tape dress, and since duct tape isn't an item of clothing . . . I'm down to a pair of shoes. (silver duct tape - metallic - very glam) :D

Archived