Costa Maya-Chachoben Mayan Ruins Tour

StarWarsGal

First off... this thread should and will most likely be moved to the ports section..

But to answer your question... YES, we have done it and it was an AWESOME tour... very informative and well done. I made watching that movie Apacolipto (sp?) a whole new view. I would totally recommend it...

LOVED!!! this tour!! The site is one of the smaller ones, so you're not walking yourself into a frazzle, plus it's quite shady which is nice cuz the heat is pretty intense out in the bright sun. Would recommend this tour to anybody even remotely interested. Felt safe at all times -- no problem!

We toured the ruins and then had lunch in Chacchoben village (the "Mayan Experience" tour) with David and Ivan. It was a great tour, and we're thinking about another tour with them next year when we're in Costa Maya. There's lots of information about their tours on the Costa Maya board.

I did this tour with David and Ivan last December and also recommend it highly. Small group (8 of us), excellent commentary, slightly cheaper than ship's tour. You can reserve on their site. Some of the walking will be slippery if it rains (likely, for 15 minutes) so make sure your shoes have some tread or roughness in their soles.

If you have time after the tour before the ship leaves, I recommend spending an hour or two in the small village that is a 5-minute taxi ride from the pier. It's a dirt-floor place where you can enjoy a couple of beers and a piece of fish while sitting under a palapa on an uncrowded beach. The new, concrete village adjacent to the pier has a nice pool, decent bar prices and not-bad shopping. I bought several T-shirts for myself and a pretty tote bag for a lady. They also have jewelry, leather items, wood carvings etc.

how much did it cost? the same toour is avalable for $50-$99 on the ship, also i take it they get you back to the ship with plenty of time to spare. my biggest fear is to book anything other than with carnival

how much did it cost? the same toour is avalable for $50-$99 on the ship, also i take it they get you back to the ship with plenty of time to spare. my biggest fear is to book anything other than with carnival

We've booked online for the 1st of October and it will cost us $43 each for adults and $40 for children. They are now meeting you at the port instead of the Cat's Meow. Credit Cards are not accepted to my understanding, cash or traveller check only.

Archived