Just Booked with Victor! - A few questions...

jjstexas

I just did a tour with Victor. Haven't had a chance to write a review, but here's a quick summary. It was great! We had Victor (we had a group of 10) it was a little tight in the van but you aren't in it that much. To see the first ship wreck you have to "crawl" under some barb'd (sp?) wire, but it's not that hard. Bring bug spray! You will need it. Iguanas farm was awesome and well worth the $5. I wish we wouldn't have wasted time eating, because you have to be back on the ship by 230 and eating took up a lot of time. Let me know if you have any questions.

Rebekah

Anybody else have a hard time getting Victor to respond back to you? I've emailed 2 times over the last 5 days and no responce. We leave Sunday and I'm starting to freak out and think I need to make other arrangments!:eek:

Yeah, it's kinda funky...there is no phone number to be found on his site! I got an email back from him on Tues after emailing him on Sun. He does say it may take a couple of days based upon internet issues. I have 2 different email addresses for him...why don't you try sending one to each and see what happens...

victor@boddentours.com

victorbodden@yahoo.com

If you have no luck, maybe you can just go to his booth at the pier and see if maybe you can still get something, or maybe buddy up with someone doing the same thing. Either that or if you don't have another tour in mind, maybe one of the ship's tours?

Good luck! Are you going on the Legend? Have fun! We're going on the Legend on 11/4!

Yeah, it's kinda funky...there is no phone number to be found on his site! I got an email back from him on Tues after emailing him on Sun. He does say it may take a couple of days based upon internet issues. I have 2 different email addresses for him...why don't you try sending one to each and see what happens...

victor@boddentours.com

victorbodden@yahoo.com

If you have no luck, maybe you can just go to his booth at the pier and see if maybe you can still get something, or maybe buddy up with someone doing the same thing. Either that or if you don't have another tour in mind, maybe one of the ship's tours?

Good luck! Are you going on the Legend? Have fun! We're going on the Legend on 11/4!

Hi, yes we are going on the Legend. I have emailed both...:( I think I'm just going to book with Roatan Cab Co. I've been emailing the ladies that own them for several weeks but was thinking to go with the "popular" choice of Victor but I guess not. Kinda disconcerning to not get a responce. I also emailed Saturday and again yesterday (to each of those addresses) and put in another request through his website directly today. At least these ladies have made an MAJOR effort to stay in contact with me. I hope you have better luck. Don't want to do anything through Carnival...nothing interesting on Roatan through them. Thanks for your responce!

Hi, yes we are going on the Legend. I have emailed both...:( I think I'm just going to book with Roatan Cab Co. I've been emailing the ladies that own them for several weeks but was thinking to go with the "popular" choice of Victor but I guess not. Kinda disconcerning to not get a responce. I also emailed Saturday and again yesterday (to each of those addresses) and put in another request through his website directly today. At least these ladies have made an MAJOR effort to stay in contact with me. I hope you have better luck. Don't want to do anything through Carnival...nothing interesting on Roatan through them. Thanks for your responce!

You're welcome! I have already gotten confirmation from Victor, so I guess we're all set...sorry you didn't have better luck:( No matter what, I'm sure you will have a great time! Come back and post some reviews of everything, ok? Have a WONDERFUL trip!!!!:D

I was in Roatan 10/19 aboard the Legend and had a great experience using Victor Bodden's company. I had just booked for the two of us and two table mates joined us making four total, which brought the cost down to $25 each. We had a 7 passenger van with ALBERT as a terrific guide/driver.

I wanted to zip ($45 ea) and while we zipped, Albert took our friends on a tour of the city. I did my first zip in Belize which I LOVED. Roatan one was much longer (17-18 platforms as opposed to 8) and more strenuous. I am mid-50's and no athlete by any means and I was worn out. I also felt Belize was safer... two guides, one who went first to each platform and another that stayed behind to help launch you, two steel cables you attach to, helmets, gloves. Roatan had only one cable, one guide, no helmets or gloves.... with the gloves you could hold on to the cable and pull down to 'brake'. It also kept you straight and not turning around and going into the platform backwards. When I was younger and in better shape, I would have enjoyed it more.

Next to the Iguana sanctuary ($5 ea). Hundreds of iguanas came from everywhere once you started feeding the leaves to them. All were polite and non-threatening. Go down to the water/dock and see the clear water and fish. Fantastic, unique experience!

Then to Victor's house ($2ea). He had baby monkeys and a coatimundi both that you can hold and deer you can pet. I love animals and it was great to touch and hold them... so much better than just seeing them in a zoo.

We went to the West End and beaches. This was our last port so swimming, snorkeling wasn't a priority, but others who did that enjoyed the water, coral, fish. We were content to just drive around and stop to see the different sights.

Of course we got back to the dock with plenty of time to spare. Please check out Bodden tours to reserve in advance or sign up at their booth just outside the port gate when you get there. Get off the ship as early as possible to have as much time to see the area as possible. Albert was great, but everyone I talked to thought their drivers were great, too! That speaks well for the entire company. I haven't seen any negative reviews on the boards, so if you use them, you will be assured of a memorable experience!

Enjoy the island!

Judy

I don't know what zip-line company you used on your trip, but we used South SHore Canopy on the road to West BAy beach. It includeds 2 cables one for your harness and pulley and the other for your safety clips so there must be a few companies on Roatan but South Shore has 16 platforms and 2 bridges not stressful and very safe.

We did the zip lining last Dec. and loved it, and we were 61; in pretty good shape, but still, 61. We did the one with several bridges and cables, which was pretty strenuous, but we'd do it again. The actual zipping is so much fun, and really not scary at all.

Though the zipline we did (Pirates) was, of course, through the trees, it wasn't what I would call a 'jungle' and I wouldn't go just to see the jungle. The 'flying' is the best part.

I can't advise you about zipping while pregnant; I think it would be ok, if you don't do a zipline with bridges, but you'd better ask your doctor. As to zipping after surgery, same thing goes--doctor knows best!

I'm sure an 11-year-old would have a great time and probably show all the adults up. I don't know what their age limits are, but I'm sure it's much younger than 11. There was a 7 year old on our tour--that was a little difficult because of all the bridges and cables; not all ziplines have these.

We spent a day in Roatan last year and loved it there. Mainly because of our guide. We went with Juan Carlos and he did an excellent job. Took us zip-lining at South Shore which we loved. (about 13 platforms or so) One of the last zips is very long and great fun. Then went onto West End for some lunch and snorkeling. The iguana farm, then a stop to see the monkeys and 2 stops for shopping as we had asked to shop. His prices are very reasonable and you won't be disappointed spending the day with him. We were able to see and do a lot as it was just the 2 of us. He can be reached at islandertours@yahoo.com. Just another option besides Victor for a great day in Roatan. We did meet Victor on our day in Roatan, also seeems like a great guy. Have fun we loved Roatan and Carlos!!

I just got back from my cruise a few days ago and wanted to stop in and recommend these guys for a tour while there. Our driver was the best, I couldn't imagine anything better from a driver We had ALI, he drives the 001 cab and was a great guy to talk to and knew everything about the island that we coudl want to know. We did the ship wrecks, iguanas, Victors house then went to half moon bay for lunch (get the snapper if you like fish, it was amazing) and a little snorkleing. I would recommend ALI anytime to anyone. If we ever get a chance to get back to Roatan I will be doing my best to contact ALI again as a tour guide/driver.

I just got back from my cruise a few days ago and wanted to stop in and recommend these guys for a tour while there. Our driver was the best, I couldn't imagine anything better from a driver We had ALI, he drives the 001 cab and was a great guy to talk to and knew everything about the island that we coudl want to know. We did the ship wrecks, iguanas, Victors house then went to half moon bay for lunch (get the snapper if you like fish, it was amazing) and a little snorkleing. I would recommend ALI anytime to anyone. If we ever get a chance to get back to Roatan I will be doing my best to contact ALI again as a tour guide/driver.

DITTO what Jorgen said. We had a great time with Bodden tours. We saw the whole island at a liesurly pace, went to Victors house, went horseback riding on the beach and then shopping. What an awesome time!:D

For those of you who have gone with Victor, what have you typically tipped the driver at the end of the day? I'm assuming you pay for everything at the end as well, correct?

Yes, everything is paid at the end. I tipped the driver 20% of the total cost.

I would still go for a tour and do ziplining. I personally wasn't a fan of west end, too touristy, crouded with buildings no so much people and tight with a car. We loved seeing the unspoiled parts of the island that Ali our guide showed us. We did ziplining first then he showed us ALL over. We didn't care about monkeys and such so he just drove us to different villages, gave us a history of the island, and to some great photo op spots. Go to Lawsons Rock to see a little slice of heaven. Yes is a "residential neighborhood" they are building for the weathy but it's got a beautiful garden overlooking the ocean that is GREAT for pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice. I was torn between a beach with a bar, just getting alittle crazy on my day or site seeing. I am into seeing the real island and I am a picture nut. My friend will not zipline and I have torn my rotator cuff (probably from zip lining), so that is out. What time do you think it gets dark in Feb.?? Any ideas?

Thanks for the advice. I was torn between a beach with a bar, just getting alittle crazy on my day or site seeing. I am into seeing the real island and I am a picture nut. My friend will not zipline and I have torn my rotator cuff (probably from zip lining), so that is out. What time do you think it gets dark in Feb.?? Any ideas?

WE just got back on Sunday! This island is the place for you if you want to take pics! An awsome mouuntain of tropical plants and scenic overlooks...amazing! So have your tour guide drive you all over and you can always end up at the beach for a cocktail. Yes, West End is touristy and sand space is limited, but water was great and we had drinks at the bar on the beach...I think the name of the beach was bananorama....

You can also get some pics of the way others in the world live...whole different scene. Depressing, but can make for some impact shots, for sure. Don't miss the cemetary across the street to the right when you exit the port...........

Archived