Review of Journey-6/16 Cruise

MJN&JC

Hi Everyone....

My husband and I sailed on the 16th with 24 other family members for our wedding. We were married in St. George. I could only say good things about the cruise and the people who work so hard to make it enjoyable and comfortable.

Although this was only my second cruise (my first was on RC Explorer of the Seas), I was able to experience the other end of the spectrum with the Journey. It is a small ship, but even towards the end of the week, I still met people for the first time that I hadn't seen.

In my opinion, a cruise (or any vacation for that matter) is what you make of it. I'm not a picky person, as I feel as though I want to spend each and every moment enjoying the I have away from home, work, etc. Everything was not perfect when we first arrived on board. Our room had two single beds and no refrigerator or robes at first.......but, after one quick (nice) call...we had it within minutes. I didn't realize until the end of the week, that the staff literally has only hours to get each and every room ready before the next cruisers come on board..........

Everyone who works on this ship (or any ship) work so hard to make your vacation a vacation. If you are not happy with something, ask. If you don't have something in your stateroom, ask. The staff on this ship are the hardest working people i have ever met. Roger, our butler, was the best.

Overall, the food was absolutely fantastic......service was wonderfull......entertainment staff was amazing.......I can't say enough about the ship and the crew...

I do agree with someone who posted earlier, the ship's pool is small. But, I'm not a pool person....so it didn't matter to me!:)

Please let me know if you have any specific questions....I stayed in room 7104 and it was great!

Marissa:)

I am so happy that your wedding turned out great. My first trip to Bermuda was on my honeymoon so it has special memories.

As for the pool, I've never been on a ship where the pool was big enough to swim comfortably..so a small one is usually my expectation..

Harry

Harry

When I was married in 1997, we actually flew to Bermuda for the honeymoon. Stayed at the Southhampton Princess. I fell in love with the Island. Then 1n 1998, I took my first cruise, which was great (Celebrity - E. Caribbean.)

Since then, we've taken the Zenith four times to Bermuda - and the cabins always had fridges.

So I'm wistful that our August Journey trip might be the last of Celebrity's there. Never had a problem with Celebrity..

Harry

Thanks everyone.....

We actually got married at Grotto Bay Resort. It was beautiful.

Spender Nui....yes, the refrigerator came that day. It is very small, so don't expect to fit a lot in them. I think they may be temporary ones, until the put the bigger ones in. At least, i hope so.

Archived