Short Day on Grand Cayman??

jenk1013

We will only be in port from 7am-2pm on Wed, Aug 15th. We would like to do the following:

-Stingray City

-Snorkel the Barrier Reef

-Rum Point Beach

Is there a possibility to do all 3 or should we just try for 2? What is our best bet for trying to fit these in? What tour operator would offer something like this? We would love to do Reef, Rays, Rum tour w/ Nativeway, but we definitely don't have time.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Jen

E-mail Captain Marvin's. If you're the only ship in port that day, they will have shorter tours. Their half day is not that long (three hours or so) and you get to snorkel as well as hit Stingray City. I love them.

You may not make Rum Point Beach, but the snorkeling is so fantastic, you won't miss it.

Captain Marvin's has been good with me and getting back to the ship on time. Fortunatly, Grand Cayman is a small island and you won't have a traffic hassle. Nativeway is also excellent.

I second Captain Marvin's. They have a short tour that goes from about :30 - 10:30 island time that hits stringray city and the coral reef. We went last week and had 13 people on our boat plus the crew. Get in touch with them and they will let you know what they can and can't do for you.

Thanks for the recommendation for Capt. Marvin. I just sent them an email and I will let you know what they say when I hear back from them.

I'm still open to other suggestions if anyone has any.

Thanks,

Jen

E-mail Captain Marvin's. If you're the only ship in port that day, they will have shorter tours. Their half day is not that long (three hours or so) and you get to snorkel as well as hit Stingray City. I love them.

You may not make Rum Point Beach, but the snorkeling is so fantastic, you won't miss it.

Captain Marvin's has been good with me and getting back to the ship on time. Fortunatly, Grand Cayman is a small island and you won't have a traffic hassle. Nativeway is also excellent.

3 ships are in port that day. Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Liberty (I'm aboard the Liberty) and the Liberty of the Seas

You can check your other ports with http://www.cruisecal.com/portal/

There were two ships in port when we were there. I believe Capt. Marvin's offers the short tour everyday, regardless of how many ships are in port. We did Stingray City and one reef. I think they change the reef depending on how many ships and how busy things are when they get there. I highly reccommend them.

Captain Marvin's offers a short tour every day. However, in my humble opinion, the half day tour kicks hiney! So, call and ask, or e-mail and ask about it. Tell them when your ship is going to be in (they know already, but a nice back up is smart) and ask them if you can get into the half day tour. Which is really not a half day. It's three hours. It's a better tour. I've taken most of theirs, including a deep sea fishing tour once. That was horrible. Don't get me wrong. Captain Marvin's was great. I get sea sick at a trawl. Very sad.

Archived