Long Beach VIP Boarding

shawilson

As we have a Cat 11 on Pride, I understand we have priority boarding. So I assume it is still necessary to do the early boarding paperwork on the QM to get your S&S cards. Please correct me if this is not the case.

Thanks!

Both the Queen and the Long Beach Carnival Terminal have a VIP boarding line. We stayed on the Queen the night before and did the early check in there. When we got to the terminal we went to the VIP room, which was empty (it was around 1:00 I think) they walked us to the front of the security line and thru the crowds and onboard. Was a nice perk for the price of the suite.

Have fun and no worries

We're on one of the few Holland America cruises to sail from Long Beach (October 3 Zuiderdam).

Is what I'm reading here possible for HAL cruises as well? We'll spend the night before the cruise onboard Queen Mary, and are traveling in a suite on Zuiderdam, which gives us priority checkin.

Can anyone tell me the best way for us to accomplish this? Is there early checkin at Queen Mary?

Can't wait to learn the details, and thanks

Carol

Shawilson, It is my understanding that you'll get priority boarding if you just show up at the terminal. The big advantage with the Queen Mary is that you complete the paperwork there and off you go to the terminal so yes if you want the earliest boarding, use the queen.

Carol, I'm not sure if HAL also uses the Queen or if it just a Carnival agreement since they have their own terminal there. Call the Queen Mary Hotel and ask, HAL is a member of the Carnival Corps as is just about everything else LOL =)

Shawilson, It is my understanding that you'll get priority boarding if you just show up at the terminal. The big advantage with the Queen Mary is that you complete the paperwork there and off you go to the terminal so yes if you want the earliest boarding, use the queen.

Exactly where on the QM would one go to check in early.

Exactly where on the QM would one go to check in early.

There are lots of signs to point you in the right direction, it's in the end of the QM towards the dome, you really can't miss it. The 'hotel' portion is at the other end of the ship.

Archived