Navigator Deck 6

If you are on deck 6 of the Navigator and do not have a balcony, your window will not directly overlook the ocean, but will overlook an outside walkway about 10 to 15 feet wide, that does appear to be used only by the crew for access to the bow. There are differing opinions as to the desirability of these suites. One positive feature of them is that they are vibration free. Other areas of this ship can be subject to some vibration, though not to the degree I find to be a real problem. But all the deck 6 suites are smooth as glass.

Perhaps, it all boils down to price of these deck 6 window suites on your cruise. If changing suites for one of the same price would put you mid-ships or further toward the stern, your suite could be subject to a little vibration. If you can switch to another suite at the same price that is also forward and has a window looking directly our on the ocean, I would make that switch.

Carol,

I would recommend that if you can you get one of the window suites on Deck 5. We have been on that location twice and really like it. No walkway there! Also, there is a laundromat on deck 5 and none on deck 6.

Charsie,

Cabin 619 is a balcony cabin so you wouldn't have the walkway. This applies to the cabins on the other side of Deck 6 , which are all window suites.

I am glad you corrected my info on the laundry. According to their brochure , there is none on that floor.

I've been on deck 6 a number of times (my favorite) and never found a laundry. Where the laundry is usually located is a staff stairway. I usually shlep up to deck 8. Where are you finding a laundry?

My apologies, I've taken two Navigator cruises recently, and one was on deck 5, the other was on deck 6! You are of course right, it was on deck 5 that I had the laundry down the hall. What with the all inclusive, it all becomes a blur.......oh evil alcohol, LOL.

The laundry infuriated me anyway, no matter what time I was in there, somebody had stuff in the washer, and 4 hours later.......still in the washer, untouched. I didn't want to throw it in the dryer, not my place, but people would just forget to come and change it, and therefore none of the rest of us could do their laundry. One evening I was desperate (we'd been on a land based trip prior to sailing, and I needed clean clothes), and knew I couldn't do a full wash and dry before "closing hour", but our stewardess kindly offered to finish it off for me. Much appreciated, let me tell you.

I've always had better luck finding empty washers and dryers on decks 8 and 9. And yes, it is irritating when people leave their laundry in for hours. Then they come and find out the laundry is still damp and reset the dryer and the whole thing starts over again.

JoAnne B

Archived