Canada/New England for Kids?

We have taken three cruises to the Caribbean with our 12-yr old. We are now considering taking the Canada/New England cruise from NY next July visiting Halifax and Saint John. I am not sure if they are excursions ashore that would interest her. Has anyone taken a 12- yr old girl to these ports? Does anyone recommend activities for us for this port?

We have this trip booked with our 13 and 8 year old daughters for this August. I can tell you that we plan on doing the jet boat tour in St. John and kayaking in Halifax. I thought there were also some cool bike tours but my 8 yr. old was too young. I will certainly post when we get back.

We just took a 7-day NE, Canada cruise with our 11-year old daughter (who has also been on 3 previous Caribbean cruises.) In Nova Scotia, she loved spending time at Peggy's Cove, climbing the rocks and exploring. The trip out there was also interesting as the tour guide pointed out interesting sites and facts. We took the ship's tour (HAL). We only wish we could have spent more time at Peggy's Cove. If you visit there, remember to send postcards from the lighthouse which is also a post office. They will also stamp your passports there. We had limited time in St. John and just walked around town.

In addition to the cruise think about spending a few days in NYC before the cruise. So much to do and what a treat for a 12 year old. Take the child to a broadway show (maybe one of the Disney plays) and to see some of the wonderful sites in NYC.

Keith

Archived