Sandals or Pineapple Beach Resort Day Pass

hazendale

Hello Everyone,

I would like to find out what resort would be better to go to as a sandals day pass is $100.00 per person and the pineapple beach resort half day pass is $35.00 per person.

I am not sure if I would just be paying for the sandals name or if one resort is better than the other as there is a big price difference between them.

Any help would be a greatly appreciated?

Speak Soon,

Darren & Hazel.

We went to Sandals in Antigua last year. It was only $50. It was ok, but unless you plan to use the facilities it's not really worth it. This year I hear it went up to $100.

There were a lot of peddlers on the beach bothering you almost every 5 mins. If you wanted to get away from them you could use the pools at Sandals. Couldn't find a chair at the big pool with the bar, went and stayed at one of the smaller pools at one of the pods of rooms. Food and alcoholic drinks were included in the day pass, but the drinks were watered down.

If you just want to go to the beach you can take a taxi and tell the driver you want to go to the beach at Sandals. The beach in front of Sandals is public you don't get a chair or towel unless you buy the day pass. There are places at the beach to rent a beach chair, there are places to buy food too.

Might be better off to just go there on your own and not buy the day pass.

We went snorkeling, but we missed the trip from Sandals because it had already left. Would've been free with the day pass, but it only left at 10 and 2. The 2:00 trip didn't get back in time for us to make it back to the ship on time. We hire someone on the beach with a glass bottom boat to take us snorkeling for $25. The snorkeling was amazing. We didn't really get our money's worth with the day pass.

Also, the Sandals in Antigua is one of their smaller resorts and doesn't have all the amenities that some of the bigger ones have. The Sandals on St Lucia have much more to offer.

Are you referring to the Allegro Pineapple Beach Resort? We just got back from there and loved it. It was $45 for the entire day, all inclusive, but they don't provide towels (!) It is a beautiful beach, nice pools, decent food, all the drinks you want.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for getting back to us regarding pineapple beach, it does sound really nice, but sorry to be a pain, we have changed our minds about going there, we are going out with a guy called lawrence for a few hours, he sounds really nice, and he is going to show us more of Antigua than we would of seen if we just went to the pineapple beach area, he is taking us to lots of different places, and the rain forest, and after that, we will be going to the beach for how long as we want, until we want to go back to the ship, if there is four of us, it is only $25.00 per person which is really good.

Has anyone else been out with lawrence, as I know some of you have, if you get a spare minute, I would be grateful if you could let me know what it was like, as when you are going to a new country, you do worry about the person who you are going to meet, if you have never met them before.

Hope to hear from you all soon, until then take care and I hope you have a great cruise if you are going on one in the near future.

Speak to you soon.

Hazel & Darren

Explorer of the seas

Serenade of the seas.

Mariner of the Seas

Legend of the Seas

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Everyone,

I would like to find out what resort would be better to go to as a sandals day pass is $100.00 per person and the pineapple beach resort half day pass is $35.00 per person.

I am not sure if I would just be paying for the sandals name or if one resort is better than the other as there is a big price difference between them.

Any help would be a greatly appreciated?

Speak Soon,

Darren & Hazel.

Hi,

I would just go to Dickerson Bay and walk the beach. You could porbably just walk on the Sandal property for a look. There are other places along the beach that you might want to see also. I think $100/person is high. I guess you would get all the drinks, probably a nice dinner with wine also.

Don't know what time of day you would do this. If you are on a cruise and just sightseeing the beach is a nice place to walk.

You probably couldn't buy a drink at Sandals, but you could along the beach some where at one of the other clubs.

Not much to do on Antigua for a one day trip, except walk through town, go to Nelson's Dockyard. ( can eat there ). Shirley Heights I think on Friday has a big blast and barbacue etc with band.

My wife got a day pass at Sandals for $50/person in Nov 03 - it was okay but I thought it was pricey for $50 - it was not worth $100. Beach is nice but it is public, food is a step below cruise food, pool is nice, swimup bar very relaxing - resort not in bad shape but shows wear and tear. They tried to charge us $75 but backed down when I had a copy of email for $50 - rubbed us the wrong way. For what you get, I think Sandals is very overpriced - but would consider another day pass for the right price.

My wife got a day pass at Sandals for $50/person in Nov 03 - it was okay but I thought it was pricey for $50 - it was not worth $100. Beach is nice but it is public, food is a step below cruise food, pool is nice, swimup bar very relaxing - resort not in bad shape but shows wear and tear. They tried to charge us $75 but backed down when I had a copy of email for $50 - rubbed us the wrong way. For what you get, I think Sandals is very overpriced - but would consider another day pass for the right price.

For Antigua, I would use the money to hire a cab and drive around and visit several of the 365 beaches. Hawksbill is a nude beach.

Either that or just hire a cab to take you to Dickerson bay and use the whole beach. You would need your own chairs etc. Other clubs there that wouldn't charge you for anything except what you eat or drink.

In town have a drink at Hemmingways.

Shirely's Heights have a party every Sunday night and is the hottest spot on Sunday's.

There are plenty of beaches in Antigua and you can go to Dickenson bay beach and Sandals is right there for anybody to see. Beach chairs are available, drinks, restuarant at Coconut Grove and more fun in Antigua for a good price.

There is the Helicopter Tour around the Island and many great beaches.

www.classifie-ads-antigua.com

Archived