Celebrity's "Rome on your own" shore trip, drop off point?

violettald

Hello,

I will be on the 9/30 Celebrity Mille. Med. trip and will take the ship's "rome on your own" transfer. Does anyone know where the drop off point is?

I'm trying to plan out my itinerary for that day. I tried calling Celebrity but they told me they didn't have that information (very strange).

Thanks!

Yes, Cruise Junky is correct. We did this option, and were dropped off on the side of the Vatican. If you are facing St. Peter's, we were dropped off to the left. Taxi's were available at the front entrance to the Vatican.

Cruise Junky and Amy G are right, I was also on that cruise last year and they dropped us off actually in a garage and walked us up to the street that leads up to the Vatican- and if you were facing St Peters- you were on the left side of the road.(as was stated by AmyG) That was the spot where we were picked up - on the road right in front of a gelato store. Just keep an eye on your time and you'll be fine. Make a note of the street name, then if you have to get a taxi back (as we did) you'll know what to ask for.

Why aren't you taking the train? Not only is it cheaper, its generally faster than driving because of the traffic. You also get a pass for all public transportation around the city - buses are easy to get and run about every fifteen minutes.

Peter

• 5 years later...

The Mediterranean forums have been divided into various regions/countries ... here's a link to the Italy Forum where you might want to post a new thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=595

Just another suggestion (since I noticed that you are new to Cruise Critic) ... there is a section called "Roll Calls" where you can meet and chat with others who are on your cruise. It's a good place to share info on tours, and even join up with others who are doing private tours:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Archived