Fishing in Juneau

Mags65

I am trying to arrange a 4-5 hour fishing/sightseeing charter for my Dh and I in Juneau, but the one place I've read most about here- Alaskan Marine Adventures- is booked. Does anyone know another place to try?

My DH and DS went with Capt. Chris earlier this month. They couldn't halibut fish because of high wind warnings, instead they did more salmon fishing. They both still had a good time. My son loved Chris's dog, who would fetch the bat - too funny. DH said it was a nice boat and Chris seemed like a good guy. Hope this helps you.

Have fun in Alaska! :)

I'm going to jump on your post because I think you'll catch the fishermans attention.Does anyone have a recommendation for fly fishing guides out of Juneau,Ketchikan or Icy Strait Point?We are booked for a short Alaskan cruise and those are our 3 ports.My husband is a fly fisherman and would like recommendations .Thanks so much!!! Kathy

On the cruise we took 2 years ago, it appeared as if it was just a big waste of time and money to go fishing in Juneau. My boat only caught two fish, and most of the boats with people from our ship did not catch anything. We did have a humpback whale surface around 15ft from the boat that scared the s@*$ out of everyone, but that made the entire trip worthwhile.

Archived