Crown Princess- St. Maarten???

njfirstimer

this cruise does not go to bermuda, it goes to st martin, a scheduled stop. I know this because a patient of my husband's was leaving for this cruise and i couldn't beleive he was going to st. martin until I checked out the itinerary.

Hi everyone...I am also on the July 14th sailing of the crown. I have heard that sometimes due to strong winds the ship will miss the Bermuda Port, and they will change to another port. This is not the case here, but it has happened. I would be so bummed. Bermuda was the highlighted port for us booking this cruise. Oh well..it will be good to get out of Vegas for a while anyway!! Can't wait. I'm soooo excited!

Toni :D

I have been to both islands, (bermuda and st maarten) many times. Each of them are beautiful places. I don't feel you could go wrong docking at either one. If your docking day is a Sunday in Bermuda, you are better off visiting St Maarten. These two islands are my favorite. Have a Great Cruise.

The Crown goes to Bermuda every week but two, the current sailing and one late in the summer.

Here is a link to cruisecal.com

http://www.cruisecal.com/portal/CrownPrincess/tabid/252/Default.aspx

The Crown is the only ship docking at the West end pier in Bermuda the entire summer.

http://www.cruisecal.com/portal/WestEnd,Bermuda/tabid/2144/Default.aspx

i wonder if it has to do with july 4th and Labor Day or something, actually I have not clue, perhaps Bermuda has a bunch of ships there at that time. The Crown's schedule is wacky because of the 9 day cruise length. Who knows.

Th

The Crown is the only ship docking at the West end pier in Bermuda the entire summer.

The Explorer of the Seas is also docking at the West End pier this summer, don't know about any other ships.

sue

On the 14th the itinerary reads that we are in Bermuda on Monday. I hope that this stays true. I have read that some are in on Sunday, and apparently the whole town is closed down :eek:

Last aug. on the Crown we were in Bermuda on a sunday and found all the shops at the Dockyard were open. Some of our group stayed at the Dockyard, others went to Horseshoe Bay.

sie

I was on the Crown last week and was told the different itinerary this week is because of a clash with another vessel alongside in Bermuda. That is also the reason for some of the cruises having Bermuda as a first port of call and at other times having it as the last port of call.

If you do go to Bermuda on Sunday you will find the shops in Hamilton closed, but the shops in the ClockTower building in the Dockyard (West End) near the ship are all open.

Since May 12 the Crown was only unable to dock once in Bermuda because of the winds from the tail end of tropical storm Andrea. I have heard people say that there is a 60% chance of the Crown not going to Bermuda - the statistics belie that rumour.

More interestingly the Crown has conducted 2 rescues of yachtsmen within 200 miles of Bermuda in the last 5 cruises and rumour has it they are going to paint 'Coast Guard' on the side of the ship ;)

Archived