Charleston SC to Majesty

Cruisetini

Charleston SC Airport to NCL Majesty?

Is it best to catch a cab from CHS Airport to the ship or use NCL transportation? 1st time cruising from here. Can anyone share travel time or other helpful hints. I understand that the city traffic is not organized well and can be tricky.

NCL offers bus transfer tickets. You wait in line once you get your bags and wait for the bus to fill up and then wait to get off the bus and get your luggage off the bus. The last 10+ cruises I have always taken a cab - less $ and waiting. I am not even sure of the fee that NCL charges per person.

We visit Charleston often (my daughter lives there) - and traffic is heavy downtown - especially on weekends. Streets are relatively narrow and there are some that are ONE way. I think I would have to vote on a taxi if I were making that trip. The airport is probably about 10-12 miles away - straight up Interstate 26. The airport is not very large - so I don't expect it would be too busy. It's the downtown area that is more difficult. If you have time - try to get down to Rainbow Row.... the colorful array of beautiful homes, overlooking the park and the bay are beautiful in my opinion.

Archived