Lunch cruise on the Nile... what sights will we see?

Sandy R

We were thinking of doing a Nile dinner cruise during our overnight tour, but then read there are also lunch cruises. My hobby is photography so taking photos during the day sounds better to me.

What sights will we be able to see along the Nile during a lunch cruise?

Also, what lunch cruise did you take? The Grand Hyatt Cairo offers a lunch cruise that sounds nice. Anyone take that one?

Thanks for any input... Sandy

Remember what they say about a Dancing Bear? "It is not how well the bear dances, it is amazing that the bear dances at all!"

That is the thing with Nile cruises. It is not what a wonderful cruise it is, how good the food is, or what sights you see -- it is the fact that you are actually cruising in the cradle of civilization on the river of history! That's why it is a MUST DO!;)

We have the Brilliance booked for 2009 that goes to Egypt. We plan on booking the Cairo trip with lunch on the Nile. The same reasoning as Mike said - how can you go there and not do this.

We were thinking of doing a Nile dinner cruise during our overnight tour, but then read there are also lunch cruises. My hobby is photography so taking photos during the day sounds better to me.

What sights will we be able to see along the Nile during a lunch cruise?

Also, what lunch cruise did you take? The Grand Hyatt Cairo offers a lunch cruise that sounds nice. Anyone take that one?

Thanks for any input... Sandy

I last did one of these cruises a few years ago but Im sure not a lot has changed. It left from just below the Marriott and cruised along the cornishe of cairo.... it was all city, magnificiant though it is, but if you think you will see the banks of the nile with farmers and bullocks tilling the soil youll be sadly disappointed. Youll need to go much further south for that.

Cairo is huge and the whole tour revolved around sailing passed some huge mansions right next door to impoverished shacks, some stunning mosques., hotels and the city in general. It is a ride worth doing to get a different perspective from the river and its certainly not as mad as the traffic on the road.

Cant remember much about the food, which is probably a good thing, but the tour was memorable.

Roscoe... thanks for the detailed description. That is exactly what I was looking for.

no problem.....hope you enjoy Egypt. It is truly one of the most amazing countries in the world......

Archived