C Guarantee on Maasdam, Panama Canal

luvcruisn'

My sister-in-law is thinking about booking a C guarantee on Maasdam, Panama canal transit for January 2008. Right now, all of the upper categories are booked. Has anyone experienced an upgrade with a C guarantee? If so, what kind of upgrades can happen?

Thanks for your help.

Any upgrades that DO happen would be balconies. No guarantee they WILL happen, but you're in the best ocean view category if it doesn't, and in a balcony of some kind if it does.

PLUS, you have the promenade deck right there which is kind of LIKE a balcony (lounge chairs etc) but you didn't have to pay for it.

I say you made a great choice!:cool:

I wouldn't hold my breath about getting a balcony...that is a big leap even from a "C".

However, you will be on the promenade with great views. Or, you may be placed in a "C" up on Verandah deck. They are far forward, but by breifly passing through a crew only area , there is a great viewing deck at the front of the ship.

I don't think you can lose with this guarantee. Let us know how it works out.

Archived