Cayman Thriller Boat Ride And Beach

Martin and Lindsey

Martin Lindsey,

Have not done this yet but have booked it for my Freedom of the Seas cruise. When is your cruise? We're going the week of July 22. Will be glad to post a review when we return.

WeBCruisin

We haven't done this...but we've seen this boat zip by (from the condo we stay in) many times. From what I could tell, it looked like a load of fun! I think we may do this on our next visit.

If one of you does do this, come back and let us know how your experience was. :)

Hey guys. We've sort of met over on the roll call board. If you search the threads, there is a little feedback on the Thrillerboat. They also have a website. Anyway, it sounded like fun so my wife and I are going to give it a try.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Martin and Lindsey,

Hope you enjoyed your cruise as much as I did. I was on the Freedom and saw the Caribbean Princess at every port and on most sea days.

Yes, we did the Thriller Boat Ride in Cayman. We took the 11:00 a.m. tour and it was a blast. Our 7 year old son went with us and he loved it. The staff was really great - stopped several different times throughout the boat ride and provided informative and humorous talks about the region. I have been to GC several times and still managed to learn something new. I don't remember how long the actual boat portion of the tour was - I would guess 45 minutes or longer. The boat was fast enough to get your adrenaline going but not so fast that you feared for your life - I was however hanging on pretty tightly at points - LOL. I am 40 (so no longer a spring chicken) but did not think the boat ride was overly rough or bad on backs.

They would then drop you off for 90 minutes at Sea Grape to enjoy 7 mile beach. There were free beach chairs and soft drinks available. Sea Grapes was OK - after all it's 7 mile beach and it's beautiful - but it would not be my first choice if I were going to the beach on my own to spend the afternoon. If you didn't want to stay on the beach they would allow you to bypass the beach portion and would take you back to town and drop you off when they picked up their next tour.

Overall a great experience and I would HIGHLY recommend it!

We did this tour last October. It was myself, DH and DD who was 6. It was a fun, unique way to see the shore. We didn't get very wet as the waters were so smooth. They drop you off at Sea Grape and you have a coupon for a free soda or water. After a short amount of time enjoying the ocean you head back to dock. It was very convienent.

Would we recommend it? Yes. Highly Recommend? No. We wouldn't repeat it but it was something fun to do once.

Thanks for telling us about it. We decided to just relax on 7 mile beach in the end. Went to Royal Palms in a taxi. Got there about 10.30am and rented 2 loungers. All the unmbrellas were gone, as it was a HOT day. Some became available quite soon though as people left to go and do some shopping.

We had lunch, conch fritters and chicken ceasar salad. We didn't find the lockers, but decided they must be at the watersports rental place. It was very busy there, but I think the beach was wider than at Sea Grapes (from photos I've seen).

The water was sublimly warm. We had a great time. No problems finding a taxi to take us back to the ship, the driver found us!

Perhaps we'll try the Thriller boat ride next time. :) It does sound like fun.

Archived