Is it true you can take the ship book from your room?

ruskatab

I think it depends. Our book on the Pride in January was pretty beat up and I asked the steward if we could keep it, and he said no, but on the last night, put a brand new one in the room and took the old one. Other people in our party asked their stewards for their books and got to keep them. I guess it just depends....:rolleyes:

What book? I am sailing on the Valor in October, our first Carnival, and was curious as to what book you are referring to.

Thanks,

Peggy

A nice looking big hardbound book will be in your cabin. It contains about 75% advertisements, and a little about Carnival and the ports you visit. Nothing I would care to have to lug home.

Obviously, some folks would like to have this as a souvenier. If you'd like to have one, ask your cabin steward.

Some on these boards have said they've just put the book in their luggage (theft) - some have asked the steward and have been given one - some have said the steward brought them a new, wrapped one and told them it would be charged to their S&S account.

Kept the book from our first cruise in 1988 on the now gone but not for gotten NCL NORWAY. Glad we did, just for nostalgia sake, but have restrained myself for ALL the others! After awhile they all look alike, BUT! next year, if all goes well, it'll be the 20th year of cruising! I'm TAKING the BOOK!:D

....... next year, if all goes well, it'll be the 20th year of cruising! I'm TAKING the BOOK!

So....does that mean you'll be "TAKING the BOOK!" with (or without) permission....:confused:

Archived