its my first cruize, is the emerald a good choice

gingerwolf

Wow, that was a great blog. Thanks, makes me really want to go on the Med cruise next year. This year it is ten days caribbean on the Emerald instead. I really want to do the Med fall 2008! The Emerald looks to be one gorgeous ship, thanks for the link.

• 3 months later...
i am 28 and my girlfriends is 26, we have just booked for feb on the emerald princess to sail in the caribbean.

Is this ship a good choice for our first cruize?

My boyfriend and I are the same ages as you two are and we are going on our First Cruise on the Emerald on the 26th November.

Will let you know what it was like when we get back. We picked it cos we saw it on the Paul O'grady show as a prize lol it looks beautiful.

Getting excited! :D

My boyfriend and I are the same ages as you two are and we are going on our First Cruise on the Emerald on the 26th November.

Will let you know what it was like when we get back. We picked it cos we saw it on the Paul O'grady show as a prize lol it looks beautiful.

Getting excited! :D

hahahahahahaha, what a great way to pick a holiday.

let me know how you get on.

My wife is in her late 20's and I early 30's and just got off Emerald (10/27 sailing). It was our first Princess cruise and I must say the crowd was mostly older. Standing in line to board we honestly felt out of place and even heard a lady behind us whisper to her husband..oh, they must be lost, Carnival is parked at the other pier. Wanted to make a comment back but my wife was pinching my side so hard I could not speak. Just to many sly little comments like that and little looks for our liking just added to our mediocre cruise on Princess. But hey it's a cruise.....I'm sure you will have fun.

My wife is in her late 20's and I early 30's and just got off Emerald (10/27 sailing). It was our first Princess cruise and I must say the crowd was mostly older. Standing in line to board we honestly felt out of place and even heard a lady behind us whisper to her husband..oh, they must be lost, Carnival is parked at the other pier. Wanted to make a comment back but my wife was pinching my side so hard I could not speak. Just to many sly little comments like that and little looks for our liking just added to our mediocre cruise on Princess. But hey it's a cruise.....I'm sure you will have fun.

cheeky sods,

old peopel dont bother me, infact i have found many a gray haired drinking partner in the past, but rude old people is not a good look.

Hi Gingerwolf...I am sailing on the Emerald on 26th Nov with my family (hubby 35..son 8..and me 42).This will be our first Princess cruise but we have cruised other lines before. We chose the Emerald because of the fantastic 10 day itinerary and the great reveiws it seems to get..oh and it is a new ship which was a bonus for us.

By the way...cruising can be extreemly addictive and you may find yourself getting off the ship at the end of your cruise wanting to book another straight away lol.

I am sure you will have a blast..and the caribbean is beautiful. I can honestly say that after my first cruise in 2002 i have not wanted to take a land holiday since.

Enjoy your cruise and i will let you know after our cruise what to expect.

my friend and i (both in our late 20s) have done the 9 day crown cruise last year and this year.

We found there was always something to do on the ship (my friend doesnt like going out in the sun either) and 9 days was not too long. I hope you enjoy the cruise, the crown (the emerald's sister ship) is gorgeous!

If you are going during a holiday, say Presidents week there may be more young people, schools, college and other government offices (in the states) have time off. Easter would be another week where there are more young people and kids. You are on vacation and the ship is the entertainment not the passengers, but then:rolleyes:

some very mixed responces, to be honest it doesnt bother me either way, i am there to do the cruise not the cruisers (if you see what i mean)

2 or 3 other couples our age(ish) to meet up for drinks with would be nice.

I will be trawling the bars like a stalker looking for young uns at this rate. hahahahahahah

Archived