Future Cruise certificate due to Noro

Well, I just received my future cruise certificate because of Noro. It's good for $510. My boyfriend's is good for $255. My only problem is that it needs to be used by june 21, 2008. Also, it's not good for holiday sailings. I am a teacher. So, if I'm going to sail it's more than likely going to be in the summer or holidays. I'm already going on a summer cruise. My family is also planning a family reunion cruise for next summer, but it's on Carnival. I'm hoping that I can actually use it.

I hate to be too nosey, but I was quaranteened and was told that we would be getting certs also and haven't received anything yet.

What percentage of your cruise did they reimburse you?

Also, you mention black out of holidays, is this the actual holiday week or the whole month of a holiday?

Thank you for any info you care to share.

I believe the cruise has to be booked before the expiration date. If I am wrong I know someone will correct me. I "cashed" in a certificate and that is what I was told. I had a previously booked cruise and I was able to apply to the certificates to that one.

Try catching in quick 3-4 day cruise on the Sovereign. Your credits will really make a dent in the cost (pick a cheaper room and it could be a freebie). Leave after school on Friday and come into class late on Monday (or get a sub). What a great little getaway! I do that sometimes on the Majesty out of Miami Check out 9/7/07 you can get an inside cabin for $199 per person. You could do a couple of weekend trips for that kind of $$.

Try catching in quick 3-4 day cruise on the Sovereign. Your credits will really make a dent in the cost (pick a cheaper room and it could be a freebie). Leave after school on Friday and come into class late on Monday (or get a sub). What a great little getaway! I do that sometimes on the Majesty out of Miami Check out 9/7/07 you can get an inside cabin for $199 per person. You could do a couple of weekend trips for that kind of $$.

Soveign 9/3/2007 is for $199 inside and $229 outside. Im so jealous, Im paying quite a bit more than that, but I already have booked back to backs and a hotel or Id change it. My TA would kill me though. (which is why Im changing TAs).

Its a 3 day sale so book fast.

4bythebeach: It seems as though they divided what we paid by 7 (the number of days on the ship) then multiplied it by how many days we were quarantined. I would think you would get your certificates sometime soon. It doesn't say whether it's the whole week or just the holiday. I was considering Thanksgiving for Sovereign but we would get back on Thanksgiving day so I don't know.

Lori: We don't get out of school until 3:30. The port is about an hour away. I wouldn't be able to make it. I am considering taking a Friday and a Monday off, but I have to figure out what to do with the kids. When we went on the Liberty it was when they were with their dad. As for September I'm supposed to have surgery soon. I go see one of the doctors today. So, I may not be able to go in September.

I was also fortunate:rolleyes: enough to earn a "virus voucher" on a Celebrity cruise. The expiration date was next June, but I booked Sep 08 cruise and they let me apply it to that one.

There should be a phone number on the letter you got. Call them, explain the situation, and see if they will extend the deadline.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Call RCI. Tell them what's up. Usually, they will work with you, to a point. If you get a grump, ask for a supervisor. Be nice and know that even someone with the title of, "Supervisor," is not really a supervisor, but a regular phone grunt (I used to be a phone grunt for an airline) with special training.

"Holiday Sailings" are very specific. You can still sail during a holiday period without being on a "Holiday Sailing". Spring break varies so much that you can probably find a nice schedule sometime during the period. Thanksgiving is NOT a holiday sailing. Neither are most US holidays. Christmas and New Years are the only ones I have seen designated as "Holiday Sailings."

Ask RCI but IMHO (like previous poster said) if you book in the period the sailing doesn't have to be in the period....but get at least an email confiming that. Also, like other categories - over 55, military, etc there is a teacher discount on some sailings. Talk about savings - pick one of those and you could be in a really nice cabin for almost nada. :)

Enjoy :)

Archived