CB room service questions

TwinCruiserMom

I just have a few questions - I have searched and cannot find the answers so here goes...

When you order room service breakfast and they bring the juices and milk, are they in closed containers or are they in glasses?

Can you order a pitcher of ice water and keep it in your room? I drink so much water and it would be so convenient to have a pitcher handy.

Can you request a dish of cut lemons from room service? I love to add lemon to my water.

I have heard you can order fresh fruit to be in your room at all times. Does the steward handle that or do you just order fruit from room service? Do they have a good variety available or just bananas and apples?

Thanks so much!

Well Im not too sure about the juices. But milk does come in a carton, and they bring you a glass to put it in. If the juices are anything like the dinning rooms they will be about room temperature, and probably in a glass.

Our room steward always left a container of ice, but we bought the big bottles of water in the room and drank ice water like that. Alittle pricey as the bottles are 3.75 each.

Your room steward takes care of the fruit basket. You can fill out one of the cards they leave for you at night picking how many: apple, kiwi, banana, orange and pears you want. So it is a fearly good selection.

Hi there...

We had read that a lot of the times the fruits never arrived.

We ordered it just to see if we would get it.

Ordered four times, never got there. Finally asked Elmer who was our steward "hey, what's up with the fruit basket?" He said he would check the kitchen to see if they made it.....nope.

That was on CB, going again in October because I want my fruit basket.

oh yea, we ordered every breakfast room service. Very prompt delivery times.

One quirky thing, when you ordered tea, you got the hot water, but no tea.

My wife travels with tea, so no problem there. The last morning I ordered hot water only...the tea bag came.

I am booking another cruise when I get on the ship in october. I want my other tea bags:>)

If you enjoy juice with breakfast or throughout the day, order a lot of it. The glasses are really small - maybe 4 oz., so I just order 8 of them.

My adult son and his wife was in the cabin next to us and he ordered a pitcher of orange juice every morning - I'd never thought to do so as I enjoy juice during the day and they charge you for it EXCEPT with breakfast. My DIL loves kiwi's - she ordered six of them every day and was in heaven eating all of them!

With that in mind, go ahead and order that pitcher of water! :) Just make sure you note EVERYTHING you want - butter, salt & pepper, cream & sugar - because you'll only get what you ordered (and that's a crap shoot)! If they forget something, they will bring it right back to you however.

Enjoy the CB - after 20 cruises, she's my favorite ship!

Hi there...

We had read that a lot of the times the fruits never arrived.

We ordered it just to see if we would get it.

Ordered four times, never got there. Finally asked Elmer who was our steward "hey, what's up with the fruit basket?" He said he would check the kitchen to see if they made it.....nope.

That was on CB, going again in October because I want my fruit basket.

oh yea, we ordered every breakfast room service. Very prompt delivery times.

One quirky thing, when you ordered tea, you got the hot water, but no tea.

My wife travels with tea, so no problem there. The last morning I ordered hot water only...the tea bag came.

I am booking another cruise when I get on the ship in october. I want my other tea bags:>)

My mother n law is going with us on CB in September. She said she loved the idea of room service for breakfast. I know the food is free, but what is the charge??? Is it 15% gratuity? I couldn't remember, so I could tell her.

My mother n law is going with us on CB in September. She said she loved the idea of room service for breakfast. I know the food is free, but what is the charge??? Is it 15% gratuity? I couldn't remember, so I could tell her.

Room service is free and there is no 15% gratuity. I always take at least $30-40 in singles for tipping $3 or so for each room service delivery. You can add it to the confirmation slip you sign when they deliver it - I prefer giving the person cash.

Princess does have a limited breakfast menu - continental (danish, toast, rolls, coffee, tea, juice, etc.). However, I enjoy bagels, cream cheese and smoked salmon (lox) and write it in - I always had it delivered with no question, so keep that in mind.

Hope you enjoy the CB as much as I do - she's such a great ship! :)

I tried writing in hot breakfast items on CB last July and had no luck. We were even in a mini suite. I believe others on this board have had luck writing them in though. Never hurts to try. Just make sure to order some other items in case they don't bring the hot stuff.

Room service is free and there is no 15% gratuity. I always take at least $30-40 in singles for tipping $3 or so for each room service delivery. You can add it to the confirmation slip you sign when they deliver it - I prefer giving the person cash.

Princess does have a limited breakfast menu - continental (danish, toast, rolls, coffee, tea, juice, etc.). However, I enjoy bagels, cream cheese and smoked salmon (lox) and write it in - I always had it delivered with no question, so keep that in mind.

Hope you enjoy the CB as much as I do - she's such a great ship! :)[/quote

This helps, I will tell her that people usually tip around $3 - $4 for room service.

She doesn't mind tipping. Just didn't know what to tell her.

However, I enjoy bagels, cream cheese and smoked salmon (lox) and write it in - I always had it delivered with no question, so keep that in mind.

Hope you enjoy the CB as much as I do - she's such a great ship! :)

Diane, you can't imagine how happy you've made me :D ! I'll be writing in bagels, cream cheese and lox on our next cruise!

Diane, you can't imagine how happy you've made me :D ! I'll be writing in bagels, cream cheese and lox on our next cruise!

Plant - I'm so glad that you are happy ..... now they better show up with up with your order. My order was never questioned (how dare they :p)!

I would write on the card: Toasted bagel, cream cheese and smoked salmon (wasn't sure if they knew what lox was). I also like lots of lemon on it, so made sure that was added. Oh, and I'd order 3 or 4 orders of them so I had plenty of lox to eat (oink, oink)! ;)

Goodness, this is making me hungry!

I tried writing in hot breakfast items on CB last July and had no luck. We were even in a mini suite. I believe others on this board have had luck writing them in though. Never hurts to try. Just make sure to order some other items in case they don't bring the hot stuff.

We did on the Golden and got the write in items but not the Star. Go figure. I guess it is up to the Room Service staff policy that may vary from ship to ship.

We did on the Golden and got the write in items but not the Star. Go figure. I guess it is up to the Room Service staff policy that may vary from ship to ship.

So what hot food items did you write in for breakfast and received on the Golden for room service?

We are going on Oct. 27th and I loooove room service, but if all I get are pastries and fruit...I will go to the dining room.

BTW---do they serve Eggs Benedict in the main dining room for Breakfast?

Does anyone have a RECENT & CURRENT menus for Golden? I have already seen all the menus over on CruiseClues...they are very old and out-dated, I am sure.

Plant - I'm so glad that you are happy ..... now they better show up with up with your order. My order was never questioned (how dare they :p)!

I would write on the card: Toasted bagel, cream cheese and smoked salmon (wasn't sure if they knew what lox was). I also like lots of lemon on it, so made sure that was added. Oh, and I'd order 3 or 4 orders of them so I had plenty of lox to eat (oink, oink)! ;)

Goodness, this is making me hungry, too!

Thanks, Diane, for the info on ordering smoked salmon. Never thought they wouldn't know what "lox" is :D . Our Room Service person will get a very nice tip!

This is making me hungry, too (oink, oink:) )!

monadayk, I don't think you'll be able to get anything "hot" from Room Service in the AM. I think you can order Eggs Benedict in the dining room, but you may have to ask for it the day before :confused: . Does anyone know for sure?

Archived