Too Childish?

AJCruizer

Both my sons (15) keep saying they don't want to go on a disney cruise, they say they will not be as fun as going on RCCL, saying they are too childish. We have cruised on RCCL many times and would like to try something different. Any help is much appreciated with Info on what a 15 year old would do:)

I was nineteen the first time I went on a Disney Cruise. I kinda thought the same thing, but I had a blast! It is now the only cruise line I would consider going on (and I am now 24). There is plenty for people of all ages to do. I don't know too much from experience, but I know there are "teen only" clubs, special parts of Castaway Cay and activities that are geared toward people his age. I think if he goes with the attitude that he is going to at least try to have fun, he will be surprised that his experience will far exceed that...he'll have a blast!

That's what I was thinking, a lot of it is about attitude, if your son is going with the attitude he would like another cruise better then he wouldnt have as much fun as if he goes with the right attitude.

We went Easter week with lots of children that week and the lady we sat with had a son about your sons age and he didnt enjoy the planned activities, but he liked hanging out with older teens that were 16, 17, 18 and that turned out to be fun, just hanging out with older teens than his own age. Sounds like they behaved and just hung out at the pool or in stairways at night talking.

Disney has scheduled activities for kids, teens, young adults of all ages starting from about 7:00 AM to around midnight.

Your teenagers will have plenty of activities, dancing venues, and get together.

Have Fun!

My daughter has been on many many disney cruises since she was a tot, I will say (and this could be because she had done so many) by the time she was 12 she was sick of them. If the kids already have that attitude maybe you should consider like princess or NCL different than royal but not disney. Don't get me wrong I LOVE disney, but for the price of a balcony room my travel agent got us a full suite on princess-something to consider.

That's what I was thinking, a lot of it is about attitude, if your son is going with the attitude he would like another cruise better then he wouldnt have as much fun as if he goes with the right attitude.

We went Easter week with lots of children that week and the lady we sat with had a son about your sons age and he didnt enjoy the planned activities, but he liked hanging out with older teens that were 16, 17, 18 and that turned out to be fun, just hanging out with older teens than his own age. Sounds like they behaved and just hung out at the pool or in stairways at night talking.

Thanks alot guys, really do appreciate it

Archived