leaving on the crown in 3 days...couple of questions? need help

crissyp

hi...we're leaving 7/5 yippeeee...Can't believe it's here already...For all you future cruisers, the time does fly and the waiting is not that bad.

Two questions...

Do you put the princess luggage tags on your carryons??

Also, we're bringing along my son's friend ( their both 17) I have all the necessary doc's, but his mom gave him a photo copy of her credit card.

SHe said the TA said that because he's under 17, he can use a photo copy of the credit card with authorization from his mom. I thought I read somwhere they took an imprint of the card upon check in. I'm just alittle concerned, because of course he did not receive his passport yet ( passport office promised that he'd have it by today, we'll see) and I'm trying to avoid any confusion and problems before we go. We have his original BC, his license, and certified letter from his parents that he will be leaving the country with us.

What do you think about the credit card thing??

thanks,

Crissy

hi...we're leaving 7/5 yippeeee...Can't believe it's here already...For all you future cruisers, the time does fly and the waiting is not that bad.

Two questions...

Also, we're bringing along my son's friend ( their both 17) I have all the necessary doc's, but his mom gave him a photo copy of her credit card.

SHe said the TA said that because he's under 17, he can use a photo copy of the credit card with authorization from his mom. I thought I read somwhere they took an imprint of the card upon check in. I'm just alittle concerned, because of course he did not receive his passport yet ( passport office promised that he'd have it by today, we'll see) and I'm trying to avoid any confusion and problems before we go. We have his original BC, his license, and certified letter from his parents that he will be leaving the country with us.

thanks,

Crissy

I do put luggage tags on my carry on luggage just in case in I accidentally leave it on a hall way or something.

About the credit card thing. I do not think a photocopy of a credit card will work. I may be wrong though.

Two questions...

We do on the larger ones. You don't have to.

You have to have the original CC to present at check in.

thanks,

Crissy

Hope this helps. :)

We took our daughter's friend with us last year on the Crown and Princess told us that they needed the credit card so it can be swiped. About a month before, her mother requested a credit card, in her daughter's name, and we had no problem. In your situation, I would call princess ASAP and ask them what to do. Perhaps you can just give them cash in lieu of her tips and purchases.

Have a great trip. We sail on the crown again 8/19. Only goes to show how much we love this ship.

Helane

thanks for the suggestions... Just an update, I just got off the phone with princess my self, then my TA called me and Princess, and conferenced us together. They said his mom can buy him an oboard credit over the phone, and that he would not need the card in his hand to board. To totally different stories, when I spoke to them they said he would need the card. Still confused, and upset that Princess can't give me a straight answer.:(

I think the easiest thing is just to put him on my credit card, and maybe have his mom give me a couple of hundred of dollars. I then will put that $$ on my acct and at least he will feel free to buy whatever he wants.

Any thoughts on that one? It's crunch time here for me and now all the anxiety is starting.

thanks

don't worry it will be fine..we have done this several times before with lots of our childens friends...your best bet is to do your last suggestion..use your credit card for him and have his mom give you the cash.. that way when you pre-fill out the cruise personalizer with the credit card info. for express check-in you won't run into any problems at check-in one credit card imprint for the whole group...at the end of the cruise he will get his own seperate bill so you will see how much he charged..it is usually not much at all as the only things that are usually on it are the tips for the cruise and a drink sticker (if he gets one) and if not a couple of soft drink charges..as they are only 17 yrs. old they can not charge alcohol. I think this is your best bet because if you were going to use his moms credit card info. you would have to pre-register on the cruise personalizer with that info. and then when you got to the pier at check-in they would need an imprint of that same credit card (which you would not have) you would have only the photo copy..don't think it would work.. also do not worry about the passport either..the cert. copy of the birth cert. with a picture id is just fine..have a good time on your cruise

I think the easiest thing is just to put him on my credit card, and maybe have his mom give me a couple of hundred of dollars. I then will put that $$ on my acct and at least he will feel free to buy whatever he wants.

Any thoughts on that one? It's crunch time here for me and now all the anxiety is starting.

thanks

Don't be anxious; not a good way to start vacation. I think your idea is the best one. Tell him he has to keep receipts for everything that he purchases and give them to you. That way if there's a refund, you can give it to his mom or if he goes over then you can collect AND he (and you) can monitor his spending and let him know when he's getting close or spending too quickly. He still needs monitoring of some sort and you know that if it was your child, you'd want his mom to do the same for yours.

I wouldn't trust putting the kid on my credit card. Sometimes these kids have no clue how much they are paying for things - what happens if he charges more than the Mom gives you in cash?

I'd tell the Mom to give YOU her c.c. and you'll hold onto it in the safe after it's swiped when the boy checks in and give it back when he is ready to go home.

Archived