Wine Question - If you have wine sent as a bon voyage gift

Good question, although I'm not 100% sure of the correct answer. There will be a gift card that must be presented to receive the Champagne, and I feel safe in saying that, when given to waitstaff, the bottle would be brought to their table and opened without the usual corkage fee. I can't imagine the recipients being too happy about having to pay $15 for a gift that is sent to them onboard :( . When you purchase the Bon Voyage gift, you would presumably pay the same price that someone would pay if the wine was purchased in the dining room. jmo

DH and I received a bottle of Champagne with our vow renewal package. It was delivered to our stateroom along with the specially engraved flutes and an anniversary cake following the afternoon ceremony. We didn't want the Champagne that evening and took it to the dining room later in the cruise (second formal night). It was uncorked without a fee.

Chris

If you have wine sent as a bon voyage gift, is there a corkage fee in the dining room? If so, what is the current charge? I have friends going on Crown in August and would love to surprise them with a bottle of champange

So far, we never had to pay a corkage fee on gifts of wine and, our TA ALWAYS sends us wine :D

If you have wine sent as a bon voyage gift, is there a corkage fee in the dining room? If so, what is the current charge? I have friends going on Crown in August and would love to surprise them with a bottle of champange

On every cruise I send a bon voyage gift of a bottle (or 2) of champage to my traveling companion - so I can enjoy it too! :)

I usually order it by phone and they will (or should) ask if you want it delivered to them in the dining room or in the cabin. I like to have it waiting for me when I arrive in my cabin, so have it ordered as such - they have it set up in a nice wine chiller with several glasses.

My honey and I toast each other as we sailaway with a nice cool glass of bubbly! He's happy and so am I -! ;)

If we were to drink it in the dining room, there is no corkage fee.

Hi,

It all depends on if you purchase the gift from the ship or from an outside company. If purchasing from an outside company ask if they include champ flutes and a cork remover, so they can enjoy it in their cabin but, if brought to the dining room there will be a corkage fee. I use an outside company that includes the flute and cork remover in the Bon Voyage Baskets.

If you purchase it thru the ship there is no corkage fee.

Every cruise line has different rules and regulations. This will be my first cruise with Princess but the other lines I have traveled with had it this way.

If you have wine sent as a bon voyage gift, is there a corkage fee in the dining room?
There is no corkage charge if the wine has been ordered through the cruise line, for example as a gift. On my recent cruise I was lucky enough to get two bottles of champagne, from different people. It was just a question of taking the card to dinner and handing it over.

Archived