what's the best/cheapest/easiest fun with children?

OnTheBrink

We'll be traveling with our 3.5 yo son and 7 yo daughter. We'd like to figure out if there is something economical to do in port. Is there anything we can walk to (with a stroller)? Or a quick bus or taxi ride? Any neat museums or parks? We are not going to do big excursions because of their ages. I'd love to hear recommendations!

(I'm posting this in all the POC forums for the ones we are visiting.)

BTW - It's Emerald Princess, March-April 2008

Thanks!

right in the port you can take a ferry across the harbour to go into la place carenage where there are some shops and the Iyanola Experience Museum. It is a very nice museum! The kids will enjoy themselves. There is a little part before where you see relics of st.lucia's past ..pictures...amerindian artefacts...stamps...its relaxing as its spacious and has a/c. After that however u go into a dark room where everyone stands around this circular 'stage' where there is a 3-d map of st.lucia. Then the sound and light show begins. The mother of st.lucia interestingly tells the history of slu as a story where u see explosions and other exciting stuff go on on the map. I cant really describe it properly but it is interesting. Then perhaps u could go back to pointe seraphine (where u are docked) and look around the duty-free shops...its very relaxing there..no crowds, spaced out stores etc.

Archived