What size table do you choose: 2? 10?

HeatherInFlorida

How many people at your dinner table?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. How many people at your dinner table?

• A cozy table for 2?
    • A conversational 4-6?
    • The more the merrier 8-10?
    • Avoid the Dining Room altogether!

Good, Lois, as long as you didn't misunderstand us. I couldn't tell when I read your earlier post and I didn't want you to think I was suggesting solos shouldn't sit with couples!:p

I think you're basically agreeing with all of us. The same could even hold true if a large group, unrelated, were travelling together and we were the "odd couple". Could be uncomfortable.

Yet, we're travelling with another couple this time and have asked for an 8 or 10 table. We felt if we got a 6 it could make the 3rd couple uncomfortable. I've been at a 10 table where 2 couples were travelling together and it was no problem at all.

We always have requested a large, ROUND table. Much better for conversation, and the ship's officers are more likely to sit with you. We've had very few "duds" at our tables, but when it happens, it has made for some interesting "inside jokes" when you see your tablemates around the ship!

It's very interesting that this poll shows that almost 50% want a large table for 8 or more. However, I believe those are the least available.

I believe, psychologically speaking, that it's because the people who share on these boards tend to be the more outgoing, friendly travelers. That is not to say that those who choose a table for 2 or 4 aren't affable;) , it's just a reason that the percentage would come out so high in favor of the larger tables.

So thank you, everyone, for voting and posting. While many have found this poll among others useless at best, I found it very interesting and not the least caustic. That alone would make it a worthwhile thread for me:D

Archived