Summit Cabin's for 3, Sofa or Upper Berth???

DJHere

We are booked on Summit's sailing 14 night to Hawaii.

Currently we have 2 cabin's for 4 people but

My cousin needs to Cancel, as her husband is ill.

So I was wondering if the Upper Berth was Better than the sofa????

We have a Oceanview Cabin.

On Royal Caribbean's Radiance Class,

the sofa sleeper is in the way at night,

making it Impossible to get to the bathroom from the beds.

Esp. for my mother.

Thanks in Advance.

Donna

Have not slept in the pull-down, but had a cabin with one in it. Guess it would be OK.

Anyway, the sofa-bed would be near the window. It would not be between the bed and bathroom. You could still walk around the end of the bed to get to the bathroom from sofa-bed.

Donna, two factors which you need to consider when contemplating an upper bunk are the age and size of the passenger. Most upper berths have a weight limit. And, I wouldn't ever dream of asking an elderly person to climb up/down that small ladder and crawl into/out of that bunk. Especially, if they need to use the bathroom multiple times during the night.

If you are considering it for children/teens of average size no problems. For adults, I would strongly recommend the sofa bed.

Aaron

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to change from a Sofa Bed (Only) to

a Cabin with Sofa Bed & Upper Berths.

My mother will be sleeping on the lower bed and my friend and myself

will be trading sleeping on the Upper Berths.

I just liked our Cabins that we currently have as they are close to the Elevator, Good Location for my mom.

New Location, Just a few more Cabins down the hall.

Donna

I've slept on the upper berth - an average sized, mid to late 30s (then!) woman and was fine. The trip up and down the ladder, particularly when getting onto to the ladder when coming down, was a little tricky. The bed was very comfortable. The only thing is that the ceiling isn't far from your head, so it's a bit strange a first and there isn't room to actually sit up in bed. I slept up there a couple of nights because our younger daughter wasn't feeling well and wanted to sleep in one of the main beds with either my husband or me. Since my husband is 6'2", I got to sleep up there. If it meant going on a cruise or not, I'd sleep up there, but it's of course more convenient to be in a regular bed.

We went on the Summit with our daughter two years ago, and the three of us were in the room with a sofa be(she was 18 then and her friend cancelled out on the cruise, as the previous poster said, the sofa bed is in between the window and the bed and it is not in the way for the person in the bed to go to the bathroom, but it would be tight for the one that is sleeping in the sofa bed to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night; so if you can get a room with a sofa bed, a bed and an upper berth and your mother would most probably more comfortable in the bed.

Archived