Have you ever left ship and joined it a day later?

Brahmama

We have a cruise planned that will go to Alexandria but only for 1 (long) day. We are wondering about staying 2 days (overnight in Cairo) and then flying to Malta to join up with the cruise ship.

Has anyone ever done anything like this? If so, I would welcome the pros and cons.

There's security concerns right now that will probably not allow that kind of thing to happen. And then you're dealing with local Customs and Immigration laws and that might not be something the cruise line wants to deal with. My suggestion is to find another cruise line that stays in that area for a longer time. I know Crystal is doing a couple itineraries in that region and they're spending a few days there.

Yes, we have done it and will do it again this September. You need to email X at airseagfo@rccl,com and ask permission to do it. If local authorities allow it so will X. Pro of doing it is obvious, we can spend more time where we prefer. Con is that if something goes wrong, we might not get to catch the ship again. For excample, itenaries change for many different reasons. Another consideration is that you may need a visa to stay in a country when one is not required while visiting on a cruise. You must do your home work. Still we think it is worth doing. If you decide to do it, good luck.

Yes, we have done it and will do it again this September. You need to email X at airseagfo@rccl,com and ask permission to do it. If local authorities allow it so will X. Pro of doing it is obvious, we can spend more time where we prefer. Con is that if something goes wrong, we might not get to catch the ship again. For excample, itenaries change for many different reasons. Another consideration is that you may need a visa to stay in a country when one is not required while visiting on a cruise. You must do your home work. Still we think it is worth doing. If you decide to do it, good luck.

Thanks for replying and for the email address. This is what I was hoping for - someone who had actually DONE it. Since we are doing our own air, we have a bit more flexibility. I'm pretty sure we won't get back this way again.....so really wanted to have a couple of days, but love the ship and the itinerary and especiallythe PRICE and DATE. We are limited as to when we can cruise and this one just worked out.

Archived