cabin too close to stairs?

I've never been in a cabin so close to the stairs, and I'm concerned about noise level. My cabin on the Mariner is 8240 which is right by the stairs. Should I keep an eye out for another location because of noise? Would it be better to be aft and not have the stairs close than to get stairway noise, or is stairway noise not such a big deal?

I haven't been on Mariner but have been on Explorer and Adventure which are also Voyager class ships. The cabin doors are not right outside the stairs. The elevator and stairways are towards the middle of the ship with walls between them and the hallway with cabin. I have been in a hump cabin right outside the area where the stairs and elevators are and we heard nothing more than people speaking loudly as they passed our cabin which would have happened even if we were halfway down the hall and no where near the stairs/elevator. I can't speak for an inside cabin which may be right next to the stairs - but I never found the stairs super busy except for muster drills as most people seem to wait for elevators.

I've never been in a cabin so close to the stairs, and I'm concerned about noise level. My cabin on the Mariner is 8240 which is right by the stairs. Should I keep an eye out for another location because of noise? Would it be better to be aft and not have the stairs close than to get stairway noise, or is stairway noise not such a big deal?

You will love the convenient location, and will NOT be bothered by noise! :)

There is no such thing as being "too close" to elevators OR stairs!!!! Great location, no noise! Your cabin will be no noisier than a hotel room (in a quiet hotel)!!!!!

Yes, and you won't have to sliver by all of those huge housekeeping carts that block the hallways! Smooth sailing to you!:)

Thanks for the replies! I'm definitely reassured about the new location. We have the same size cabin, but moving closer to the stairs dropped our rate a bit (one cat down). I hadn't thought about the stairs being carpeted, and I think it's going to be a very convenient location. We'll be just 3 flights from the Windjammer, etc. That will make taking food back to our balcony an easy undertaking.

We seek out that particular area of the ship because we like being near the Forward stairs. It's conveniently above the Lotus Lounge (Deck 5) the Savoy Theater (Decks 3 & 4) and just a few paces away from your cabin, you can look out onto the Promenade. When I do this, I usually see either my husband or teen at Cafe Promenade eating another cookie, sandwich, or slice of pizza! :)

We never found noise to be a problem. Occasionally we might hear the muffled sounds of the band playing during a parade on the Promenade, but that's all.

Just remember, for the Windjammer, you walk aft.

I think you will be very pleased!

Archived