Debut--Odyssey

LaPaloma

According to a news release I got from Carnival, the debut for the Odyssey will be in Venice. I imagine the first maiden voyage will be from there. They also showed a long list of criteria necessary to qualify for early release of information, and booking on maiden voyages. For those of us on the board it's pretty easy--just sail in 07 and 08--having a open booking in 09 is frosting on the cake. The qualifications look fair to me, obviously past passengers will have the edge. We qualify including the pre booking, but I think we are going to be patient, and let them work out all the "bugs"-- and use our prebooking on one of our "old friends"! It should be fun! Don

I would just like to tour the Odyssey and then make a decision on when to sail. I wonder if when she arrives in the states, there will be some events; perhaps fund raisers, where we can get a peek. I am interested in the cruise schedules.

Happy Independence Day to all!

Hi Matt

I have just returned from 2 weeks on the Legend and the Maiden Voyage is not sold out, I could have put a $2000 per person deposit down for this voyage, or $1,000 per person open booking for the Maiden season which i have done as I would prefer for any problems to be "ironed out" before I board!!

I was advised that the new itinaries for the new ship will be released in the next 4 to 8 weeks to passengers holding an open booking for the new ship only.

I will post an update on the new entertainment shows/band etc which were introduced on my cruise tomorrow, up in the air at the moment still waiting for luggage to arrive from Rome airport (a total nightmare) all our luggage is missing!

deb

Archived