Just Booked November 6 Emerald Princess

comfortcove

Just booked this AM, and can't wait to tell DH (golfing). We had been unable to get an assigned balcony or mini since we made the decision to book a few days ago, but found one online today, a BA on Caribe. Just wanted to share the joy, and wish all of you a very happy 4th. Can't wait for this cruise...

[SIZE=3][COLOR=blue][B]wow[/B] thats great, im sure your hubby is going to be really surprised and happy, just tell him he owes you 1, for watching and seeing that cabin:))))lol hope your cruise is the best:));) :p :p[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Congrats...You will be getting off and Dh and I will be getting on..we are sailing on Nov 16. I debated about that sailing but preferred the itinerary just a bit more on the 16 Nov

Thanks all. We cruised on Caribbean Princess last fall and really enjoyed it. We like large newer ships, so the Emerald should be a treat. We were going to the Med this fall, but had to change plans as we can't be away that long, so a ten dayer to some new ports (to us!) is a great consolation. DH home now, doesn't realize it took me 3 hours skulking around all the online sites to find a suitable cabin!! Reading CC it makes me aware I need to put in "no upgrades". The balcony on Princess does matter to us. Happy holiday all. I am off to husk some corn and grill some steaks, after I fix a rum drink to celebrate. I like the Aruba itinerary but we have to be home Thanksgiving, 3 kids, 2 coming home from school. Last Tday we took them all on the Century, and that was such a nice break for me, this year home for the holidays.

I called this AM to confirm our Caribe deck balcony, and to say "no upgrades". It appears to be the only balcony that was open on this sailing, even Princess has no minis or balconies, so I wanted to make sure it was for real. TA very nice, said they will honor price drops and to check in periodically. I doubt there will be any the way this ship is booked. TA threw in $50 OBC and bottle of wine, better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Thanks to CC I knew about the no upgrade policy. TA says you have 48 hours to refuse an upgrade, but sometimes things slip through the cracks as far as notification, and then your assigned cabin is gone. It seems safest to just say no upgrades, she said they cannot upgrade you then, or change your assignment. We are picky about our balcony :), can't wait to see the Emerald!

oops, I forgot about that NO UPGRADE thing, but we too have a emerald caribe cabin with assigned number Nov.16. Should I not chance it ? Haven't had a problem so far with assigned cabins. Can't wait till we cruise on the new princess. Just love a new ship! :)

grammy, it depends on your level of flexibility. We just don't like surprises on a cruise, and are particular about cabin and balcony location. Maybe you would get a good surprise, or maybe you want to be sure you get what you booked. There are a few active threads on here about people being involuntarily "upgraded". To me our vacation/couple time is precious. I can't control the weather, but I can control the ship/cabin!

Archived