Feast of Lele Luau

shellseeker

We were in Maui 2 years ago and did the Feast, our party of four had a fantastic dinner. It is a little pricier than other luaus but I think it was worth it. When you go in they have assigned tables for everyone. The meal consists of 4 different preparations native to each area, ex. Samoa, Hawaiian, etc. Each serving consisted of salad, meat, vegetable. Drinks flowed freely with no limitaions. I think I tried every concoction, I do remember someone else driving back to the condo that night. After each meal serving, the dancers put on a show based on the country/area. There is a parking lot accross the street. Hope you enjoy it!!

We did the Feast of Lele in June of 2005. My wife and I highly recommend it. I did tremendous amounts of reading and research on the different Luaus in Maui. The Feast is definitely different, and in our opinion, MUCH better than the rest.

It's much smaller and way more intimate. NOT with 400 of your closest friends like some of the others! It only seated a little over a 100 people. It's NOT a buffet like the others. Waiters serve the different courses to you. You have your own table and you are not at "buffet seating" with multiple other folks. Very elegant.

Call as early as you can for reservations. This place sells out every showing way in advance. It was our 30th anniversary that night and I called 6-8 months in advance. We had the dead center, front row table. It was incredible! However, even the worst table would still be great since it's such a small, intimate place.

I can't recommend this luau highly enough! It was also highly recommended in Maui Revealed and I'm sure glad we took his recommendation on this as well as numerous other tips.

If you want your normal, cattle-call buffet, do the Hyatt or one of the others. If you want something different, classier and more special than the run of the mill fare, do the Feast at Lele.

Oh yeah, really good drinks are included also. ;)

Seriously. I hope this helps.

Brad

Thanks for all your information. We do have reservations and did make them some time ago. I was reading the recent threads on the luaus but no one mentioned going to the Feast. Guess I wanted some reassurance that I made a good choice. I've booked this for me, my husband and 3 others that we're traveling with and I didn't want them to be disappointed.

I think I'm OK. Again thanks for all the help.

LuAnn

Thanks for all your information. We do have reservations and did make them some time ago. I was reading the recent threads on the luaus but no one mentioned going to the Feast. Guess I wanted some reassurance that I made a good choice. I've booked this for me, my husband and 3 others that we're traveling with and I didn't want them to be disappointed.

I think I'm OK. Again thanks for all the help.

LuAnn

Oh, you're definitely OK!! More than OK, actually. You will be very, VERY happy with your choice! The reason you don't hear as much about The Feast it is because of its size. Joe Tourist goes to the other luaus. The person in the know goes to the Feast at LeLe. Seriously. It is not your mass produced, run of the mill luau. It's much better.

Do not fear your choice. As one of the Knights Templar says to Indiana Jones in the 3rd movie, "You chose wisely". You won't be disappointed.

Hope this helps relieve any anxieties.

Brad

Thanks for sharing the video! My DH and I went to Feast at Lele and loved it! Elegant, romantic and delicious! Watching the show made me want to go back to Maui. OP, I know you'll enjoy your night there.

I don't mean to hijack the thread or anything, but do you think the Feast at Lele was appropriate for a three year old? Did you see any other children there? I am leaning toward the Royal Lahaina Luau for our Luau experience, but this one looks good too...

Aloha:

The Feast @ Lele is located at 505 Front Street. The begining side of Front Street, just before Pioneer Inn, Harbor and Wharf. This is an excellent luau. I work right above it and they are always packed......

Aloha.

maui traveler

I don't mean to hijack the thread or anything, but do you think the Feast at Lele was appropriate for a three year old? Did you see any other children there? I am leaning toward the Royal Lahaina Luau for our Luau experience, but this one looks good too...

IMO, no it's not a luau that I would bring a 3 y/o to. It's a sit down meal with several elegant courses. There is entertainment between the courses. (I think that each course features cuisine from whichever island group is represented in the next portion of the entertainment.)

I guess it depends on how well your 3 y/o does during a long, somewhat formal meal with show. There's nowhere for him/her (?) to get up and run around as it's a much smaller venue than some of the other luaus and designed more like a formal dining room outdoors. Most of the other luaus are buffet style. I'm almost positive that the Royal Lahaina has a special kids buffet. It's more casual and relaxed.

Having said all that, you should know that my DH and I don't attend any of these types of "commercial" luaus, so what I'm telling you is based on what others have reported, various travel shows and such, and what we've seen of Feast at Lele when we've walked by on the beach while it was going on.

I think that would be an awfully expensive evening for a 3 y/o. It's about $100 for adults and $70-$80 for kids.

Here's a link to there official website:

http://www.feastatlele.com/

beachchick

Has anyone gone to an "Island's Best Luau" offered by Roberts? They are much cheaper than the others I've found -- just like Roberts other tours -- but are they as good?

Phylis

This is one of those situations where you definitely get what you pay for. The Feast At LeLe is not a luau designed for everyone. Like beachchick said, it's an elegant meal. The majority of people go to the regular, more commercial luaus. And, they are cheaper. Personally, I would never go to one of the other ones after everything I've read and after having been to the Feast. That's my own personal opinion. Again, some people are more suited for and would be happier at the Hyatt or Roberts "Island's Best Luau". As for the Robert's luau, looking at their website, it looks like they cater to cruise ships and therefore start and end their luau earlier than some of the others. Kind of a cruise excursion luau.

For SlightlySilly, I don't think a 3 year old would like this compared to the other ones. Especially from a staying seated and being served standpoint. I think a 3 year old would possibly be more bored. Plus the costs for a child are cheaper elsewhere.

To Steve&Karen, yes I would recommend switching from Old Lahaina luau to the Feast at LeLe. Just my opinion, though.

We will be cruising Hawaii on HAL during January. I am looking for opinions on the "best" Luau.

The cruise line offers a couple of Luau excursions but not the Feast of Lele.

This one does sound like the one for us.

Were you cruisers? If so, did your ship offer this excursion or did you book it on your own?

Goldens

Yes we are cruisers (sailing the Serenade of the Seas in October), and came across this luau while reading up on the various luaus on these boards. The boards really are filled with great information! We went to their website and booked directly with them.

Thanks for all the additional information.

I agree with the other posters. I would probably get a babysitter for my DDs (5 & 7) and have a wonderful, romantic dinner with my DH. Or else book a luau at a more conventional luau, like Old Lahaina Luau (I think that is it) so DDs would have a little more wiggle room.

Have fun what ever you do!

So in your opionions should we switch from Old Lahain luau to this one?

Sounds like you all really loved it! Thanks

Both are great. I think Old Lahaina is the best for the show and the traditonal nature of it, but the food is better at the feast. Both are first class luaus IMHO.

jc

Archived