First Cruise

vfb2girls

We just returned from a wonderful three week vacation to Alaska which included a 7 day sailing with Carnival. I am not sure if it just was this was our very first cruise but honestly both myself and husband can not find one thing to complain about! It was absolutely a great cruise! The staff was friendly, our cabin was spotless all of the time, the food was great, the entertainment was fun, I could go on and on. So now with one cruise under our belt we are looking forward to cruising again. We have already decided on sailing with the Legend. So for those of you who have sailed on the Legend what were your opinions on this ship and itinerary?

So glad you had such a good time!! I agree with you -- we've been on four cruises (Fantasy X2, Celebration and Holiday) ... my only complaint is we have to wait till next year!!

What all did you see in Alaska? What would you recommend? not recommend??

We saw so much in Alaska, in fact we rented a car June 9th and returned it June 20th for our cruise and we had put on a little over 2000 miles on it so we never let any grass grow under our feet! On the cruise so of the highlights were we did whale watching with Alaskan Marine Adventures out of Juneau, really recommend this tour service, not only did we have a great time with Case but we saw lots of whales. So if you are into whale watching this is the comapny to book with. We also did a glacier ladning tour with Temsco out of Juneau, really a mind blowing experience, nothing compares to landing on a glacier! I also really enjoyed the Yukon Bus and Rail Tour out of Skagway, for anyone who is into old trains this is a really neat excursion. And of all the ports we stopped at I think Sitka was our favorite since it is a tender port and all the commercial shops and such along the docks were not there, it is still a very peaceful little town to just stroll around and enjoy the scenery. As I mentioned earlier it was a trip of a lifetime and it was perfect.

Archived