Alaskan Marine Adventure

vfb2girls

We just returned from a near perfect three week vacation from Alaska and wanted to let anyone who is thinking of booking a whale watching tour out of Juneau that we used Alaskan Marine Adventure and it was a great tour and time. Case was fantastic, his boat was really cool and we saw lots of whales that day, in fact there was a pod of 8 or 9 at once so it was pretty exciting. Case also arranged for us to be dropped off at the Mendehall Glacier and pick up again by the same taxi so we didn't have to deal with a bus. And the best part of this trip was it was just myself and husband on this tour, I am not sure how many other tour operators would of run this tour with only two people on it but Case did and it was a very positive experience. So I can highly recommend this company, in fact we have decided to visit Alaska again in 2009 for just fishing so we are planning on getting ahold of Alaskan Marine Adventure to take us out on a fishing excursion.

Thank you so much for remembering to let us know how the whale watch went with Case!

I am so glad you loved your vacation in Alaska so much that you are planning to go again! All the hard work paid off. That's great!

So - back to the CanCan... did you have any problems meeting his driver for pick up? Glad to hear you had a great time on the boat. When he dropped you off at Mendenhall, how long did you spend there? Did you have to pay for the taxi back to the ship?

Can't wait to hear more of your highlights! I think you were one of the posters who was concerned about formal night attire - so how did that go?

Did you do the kenai boat trip with Renown? Good to know you did not feel sick.

Please come back and post some more!!!

Welcome home!

Case arranged for the taxi driver to pick us up right at the dock when we got off the ship and then when the tour was over he walked us to the parking lot and waited with us until the taxi driver picked us up. We spent two hours at Mendehall Glacier and it was wonderful. We hiked up all the way to the waterfalls and we were rewarded with a wonderful picture of a mama bear in a tree with her two cubs below her. We did not linger long, just enough time to snap her picture and leave her alone. That same day we took a helicopter tour with Temsco and ended up landing on Mendehall Glacier, what a cool sight! There is a huge rock on top of this glacier that has moved itself right along, the tour guide referred to the rock as "Bob". We got some wonderful pictures of us by "Bob" and some other huge crevices. About formal night, well my husband and I rocked! I went ahead and bought two really nice satin formal gowns, my husband was dressed in a black suit and we got stopped more often by many to let us know how great we looked. In fact some lady that was on the same cruise stopped me in the ladies room in Vancouver to let me know how beautiful my dress was, so I was so happy that we went ahead and dragged the formal wear all over Alaska. Like I mentioned on another board we rented a car in Anchorage June 9th and returned it June 20th for our cruise and found that we had put on a little over 2000 miles on it so we never let the grass grow under our feet. So yes it does pay to do your research, without my spending hours on this website I know we would not of did and saw half of the stuff we did. So for anyone preparing for a trip to Alaska do your home work, pay attention to the advice that some of the posters who have made many trips to Alaska, it really does pay off and most important just have a good time, Alaska is a wonderful place to visit with lots of really cool and interesting people.

So glad you made the right decision for you not to miss formal nights ! and what a compliment for someone to mention it to you once you were already in Vancouver - you must have made some fantatic impression!

Not clear on your answer about the taxi after Mendenhall - was it extra or included in your price?

Did you have any problem dealing with Avis in downtown Anchorage? A few posters said they were very rude and tried to charge more than the arranged price.

( and thank you so much for answering the questions!)

Sorry about that, the price of the taxi was included in our excursion price. And as far as Avis downtown they were very easy to deal with. We had no problem with them what so ever. I used the coupon in the tour saver book with no problem, in fact we had reserved the smallest car they had and when we got there they were all out so we were upgraded to a much better car. And there was no additional price with anything. The lady at the counter wasn't overly friendly but she wasn't rude either. Hope this helps.

Archived