Transferring reservation to someone else

I'm sure I'll get more reliable information here than from Royal Caribbean! It is doubtful my DS's GF will be joining us on our Enchantment cruise in September. :( How long before cruising can I transfer the reservation over to one of his other friends? These are the responses I've received from RCCL:

1. Only up until final payment is made

2. Up to 24 hours before sailing

3. Up to 48 hours before sailing

4. Up until ship reaches "red" status (meaning it's fully booked) - Not sure why.

5. Don't know I'll transfer you to Customer Service (which was closed)

So what's the answer. And what is "red status". When I was asked how I could determine if ship had reached, or was in danger of reaching, "red status" I was told to call and try and switch the reservation, and if the ship was in "red status" they would tell me.

As always, RCCL is REALLY clear and helpful on communicating its policies! I shot off an email to Customer Service, but it usually takes them a week to respond (if I'm lucky!), so any advice would be sooo helpful!

Thanks!

I believe it's up until final payment. I understand it can be done after that, (but not as close as 48 hours) but there is a charge for a change then. However, please don't take that to the bank.

As you've discovered - the answer depends on the person you speak to.

As far as I have seen here on the boards it can be done up to about 3-5 days before the cruise when they close the manifests for Homeland security. Though I would do it sooner rather than later.

This happened to my uncle. His gf dumped him a week before the cruise(which he paid for) He had 48 hours before the cruise to book someone else in her place, and they said they would input the new persons info into the computer and to bring all id to the port and they could fill out docs there. They were not going to charge him and final payment had been made way before. There would not have been a problem. Too bad he couldn't find anyone to go and wound up paying for her anyway. But you should not have a prob.

You can change one name in a reservation up until the manifest has gone to the pier - usually by noon the day prior to sailing (at noon Friday for all Saturday, Sunday, and Monday sailings.

You will not be able to replace ALL the names on a reservation without rebooking.

When a sailing is Code Red (for several reasons, SOLD OUT being one of them) - you cannot make any changes on a reservation.

You can change a name after final payment wihout charge - the only charge is for a ticket reissue, but since you don't need tickets anyway, why have them reissued.

And I know this will be an unpopular point-of-view, but I think that often the reason people get different answers is that they phrase the question differently.

You can change a name right up to the last minute. In the UK there will be a £20 admin charge per name change and they ususally require a fax/email explaining why the original person cannot travel.

The only issue could be if you have flight tickets booked -that becomes a whole can of worms when changing names.

You can change one name in a reservation up until the manifest has gone to the pier - usually by noon the day prior to sailing (at noon Friday for all Saturday, Sunday, and Monday sailings.

You will not be able to replace ALL the names on a reservation without rebooking.

When a sailing is Code Red (for several reasons, SOLD OUT being one of them) - you cannot make any changes on a reservation.

You can change a name after final payment wihout charge - the only charge is for a ticket reissue, but since you don't need tickets anyway, why have them reissued.

And I know this will be an unpopular point-of-view, but I think that often the reason people get different answers is that they phrase the question differently.

Please clarify....can you still change the name of 1 occupant if the ship is sold out....or can you not even change 1 person's name once it sells out?

Thanks.

How close to a sailing can you add an extra person into the room - is it up to noon the day before again????

How close to a sailing can you add an extra person into the room - is it up to noon the day before again????

I'm not sure about the timing, but I do know that if you mean add a third person you may ahve a problem. There are only so many third and fourth berths allowed and that could be reached long before final payment and/or sailing.

Why not just go direct to the cruise line's website and get the correct info:

Names may be changed up to 24 hours prior to sailing provided one of the original names remains on the reservations.

Name changes will be subject to a $35 per guest fee if one of the following conditions exist:

con_bulletgray_ico.gifRequest is made less than 35 days prior to commencement of cruise vacation (inclusive of tours)con_bulletgray_ico.gifCruise Only documents have been issuedcon_bulletgray_ico.gifAir Arrangements have been assigned and documents have been issued. Travel agents or guests should contact the Custom Air Desk for resolution of any incremental air charges encountered as a result of the changecon_bulletgray_ico.gifPre/Post Hotel arrangements have been assigned to the reservation**Change fees are subject to change without notice.

Archived