Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

We are still smiling too! I know Baumann has hundreds of babies out there, but what are the chances that 2 women who have never met eachother and have gone through so much together would find out their service dogs also have a connection. Blows my mind!

I, personally, love it. When I try and relate the story to an outsider, you should see their face....big, wide eyes and a big grin. Then I hear, "great story!" I tell them it's not a story it's true. Just unbelieveably true!!!!

Mornin' all:

Oh, and don't forget Ms. Brenny is just gonna have to keep Denver as a boyfriend, she can't have the younger man, especially since they are related! :p

Nancy, I've seen a lot of Yellow Labs in my lifetime but honestly, Denver is one of the most handsome Yellow Labs I've ever seen. He's also one of the most gently spirited, with a wonderfully calm demeanor. He jumped in the back seat of my SUV with Brenda and just layed down, next to her. It was such a beautiful sight.

Cari is a wonderful handler. She barely speaks above a whisper and Denver follows her commands to the letter.

I hope that Brenda can act like that with "Successor!"

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Roz: I don't know if you follow Cari on Facebook, but she calls Greg her little meathead. He is so young and compared to Denver I am sure it is an adjustment. But appears he is also an amazing dog and with maturity he will be a great guide dog, from an amazing and great teacher! When Reno was growing up, we never thought he would get out of his "puppy" stage. I couldn't tell you the number of times I came home from work and hubby would tell me, "We need to find him a new home!" Fortunately that feeling would go away and we kept our special boy for his 13 years of life. Bless his soul. I miss his quizical look and his big ole head in the way so "he" could see what was going on...............

Roz: I don't know if you follow Cari on Facebook, but she calls Greg her little meathead. He is so young and compared to Denver I am sure it is an adjustment. But appears he is also an amazing dog and with maturity he will be a great guide dog, from an amazing and great teacher! When Reno was growing up, we never thought he would get out of his "puppy" stage. I couldn't tell you the number of times I came home from work and hubby would tell me, "We need to find him a new home!" Fortunately that feeling would go away and we kept our special boy for his 13 years of life. Bless his soul. I miss his quizical look and his big ole head in the way so "he" could see what was going on...............

I try to follow Facebook but I've had so many problems; first with the "password", then with duplicate accounts, then something else and on and on.......It's probably me....but it's too frustrating.

This thread is all I need for now!

I totally know what you mean about the "Lab" head; they have such power in their head....when I'm bending down to kiss her on the head and she's picking-up it up, she can literally knock me out. She split the chin of one of her trainers in just that way!

I remember when you used to brag about your boy and I know how much you loved and miss him.......BIG HUG (((((((:o))))))))

Cindy and Roz, Wexler and Brenda...small world. I feel just a bit out of the picture.....but so much fun. Got to love these breeder dogs, they have such great success stories.

I have some stories for y'all, mostly good, but I need to put up my paws and have a dog tini!

Put your paws up.....take a breath....have your dog-tini then come back and tell us some of your "Puppyraiser" hi-jinx stories.

Sunshine, you'd never be left out.....never!

I hope Rich is seeing some "Sunshine" and "Rainbows" again. It took Morey a very long time to get over losing his mom. They were great friends and she depended on him a lot as she got older. He loved every minute of it.

[/color]

Put your paws up.....take a breath....have your dog-tini then come back and tell us some of your "Puppyraiser" hi-jinx stories.

Sunshine, you'd never be left out.....never!

I hope Rich is seeing some "Sunshine" and "Rainbows" again. It took Morey a very long time to get over losing his mom. They were great friends and she depended on him a lot as she got older. He loved every minute of it.

It's been a rough few weeks, but I think we are starting to come out on the otherside...Have a great cruise Roz.

It's been a rough few weeks, but I think we are starting to come out on the otherside...Have a great cruise Roz.

Thanks, Sunshine, I can't wait to get on that ship and just lay around with Brenda doing the same. Morey's not going with us, this time. It's Brenda and me bonding time, alone, before her brother comes along and changes her world.

I don't know what Brenda's going to do without the belly rubs and sneaking a treat or two from Morey's lunch and dinner!!! :rolleyes: Brenda and I NEVER got into the habit of being given bits and pieces off my plate......but as she got closer and closer to retirement Morey said he wanted her to see what it felt like to be a "pampered pet!" She knows she'll never get that from me and literally lays by Morey's side during meals, at home, and he rewards her for it!!!!! :o

Boy, wait til "Successor" comes along Morey and Brenda's bad habits will have to cease!!!!

Thanks, Sunshine, I can't wait to get on that ship and just lay around with Brenda doing the same. Morey's not going with us, this time. It's Brenda and me bonding time, alone, before her brother comes along and changes her world.

I don't know what Brenda's going to do without the belly rubs and sneaking a treat or two from Morey's lunch and dinner!!! :rolleyes: Brenda and I NEVER got into the habit of being given bits and pieces off my plate......but as she got closer and closer to retirement Morey said he wanted her to see what it felt like to be a "pampered pet!" She knows she'll never get that from me and literally lays by Morey's side during meals, at home, and he rewards her for it!!!!! :o

Boy, wait til "Successor" comes along Morey and Brenda's bad habits will have to cease!!!!

Are you still looking for someone to join you? That week has opened up for me and it sure looks tempting....

Are you still looking for someone to join you? That week has opened up for me and it sure looks tempting....

The cabin is a handicapped, mini suite....there's lots of room for all of us. I'd love it. You need to let me know pretty soon so I can call my travel agent and get you on the manifest.

You have my email address at work. Just email me all the information needed. Your full name/Passport number/DOB/address/phone/emergency contact. You know all the stuff that's needed for the Boarding Pass.

I'm so excited at the possibility. :D I'm driving to the pier so don't worry about getting back to the airport, etc. We can work all that out.

Evenin' all:

And to end a week, that would be so awesome if Karen could cruise with Roz and Ms. Brenny. This thread just keeps getting better and better with good news! Keep it up it helps the soul! :)

I know....I couldn't go to sleep just thinking of all I have to do so I thought I'd go online and now here I am - For sure I'm too excited to sleep now!

Wouldn't it be great if Sunshine could go with Brenny and me? So much fun.

The Meet & Greet group that's going is so much fun. We've all been talking for over a year now. It's a huge group of really great folks.

The prospect of Sunshine joining in would be so much fun!!!!!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

I know....I couldn't go to sleep just thinking of all I have to do so I thought I'd go online and now here I am - For sure I'm too excited to sleep now!

Wouldn't it be great if Sunshine could go with Brenny and me? So much fun.

The Meet & Greet group that's going is so much fun. We've all been talking for over a year now. It's a huge group of really great folks.

The prospect of Sunshine joining in would be so much fun!!!!!

Fingers Crossed...because I have to talk to Mr Sunshine about this, and as everyone knows it has been a rought 6 months for us.

I'm waiting to hear from Roz and it is killing me. I am sure that people in California are awake by now!!!!! This is looking like it just might work out. I could really use some time away from my daily routine.

I'm here.....I had so much to do this morning and I hardly got any sleep!

Well, how's the planning going?

Mr. Sunshine is okay with it......have you called the airlines? What day would you be coming in? I can pick you up at the airport....

Let me know what's happening. And, if I should start calling my TA tomorrow.

This could be so much fun.......

I'm here.....I had so much to do this morning and I hardly got any sleep!

Well, how's the planning going?

Mr. Sunshine is okay with it......have you called the airlines? What day would you be coming in? I can pick you up at the airport....

Let me know what's happening. And, if I should start calling my TA tomorrow.

This could be so much fun.......

I am so excited I can hardly stand myself!! I need to know some $$$ questions and then I think I have my favorite guy on board...well he won't be on board...but he never wanted to do this cruise anyway...

I told him if he wanted it and we could swing it we could still get a cabin...

And of course I would not travel without him on any of our dream cruises..europe, panama canal and of couse those beachy trips.

roz can you check your email.... or send me one

ramays@charter.net

I am so excited I can hardly stand myself!! I need to know some $$$ questions and then I think I have my favorite guy on board...well he won't be on board...but he never wanted to do this cruise anyway...

I told him if he wanted it and we could swing it we could still get a cabin...

And of course I would not travel without him on any of our dream cruises..europe, panama canal and of couse those beachy trips.

roz can you check your email.... or send me one

ramays@charter.net

Sunshine, did you get my email explaining about the costs that I can remember? The actual "confirmation" is on my desk at work. I'll check it tomorrow and send you the exact amount. But, I was able to give you a pretty good idea.

I promise to take care of it first thing when I get to work.

Roz

Edited by wizard-of-roz

On another note...My Sandy is now 7 years old. We are still dealing with skin allergies, but hope to take her to the University of Georgia's vet school to evaulate her skin condition. Just trying to get her thru the itchy season until then. We are also trialing her on a hypo alleginic diet...very pricy, but her skin is already looking a little less red. And I spent today cooking her some catfish and potatoes to make into treats since that is what her new fancy dog food has.....

Plus, how sad, but she has grey hair on her muzzle....

I got the information and we are pushing the numbers around. I think it is doable...saying some prayers and looking at the checkbook....Guess this means I have to get get lot's of pictures of Crackers, Cooler and Macky....

OMG! I hope it works for you.

We'll let everyone here know more about travels with "Sunshine, Roz & Brenda" tomorrow!

On another note...My Sandy is now 7 years old. We are still dealing with skin allergies, but hope to take her to the University of Georgia's vet school to evaulate her skin condition. Just trying to get her thru the itchy season until then. We are also trialing her on a hypo alleginic diet...very pricy, but her skin is already looking a little less red. And I spent today cooking her some catfish and potatoes to make into treats since that is what her new fancy dog food has.....

Plus, how sad, but she has grey hair on her muzzle....

Awww! Brenny and I are sending our best wishes to Sandy and hope that her skin is feeling better and that she doesn't suffer much with it. We hope it's not too painful and frustrating for her, poor baby!!!!!