Price drop, do I have to use my TA?

I just noticed a price drop on my cruise, do I have to go through my TA to get it, or can I call RCl directly. Let's just say my TA has been less than helpful, and is rarely available. Keeping my fingers crossed I can just do it myself. How many of you actually use a TA? With all the great info. I get from this board, I doubt I would use one again.

Nope if you booked through a TA then the TA is the one that has to call to get you the reduction. Basically your reservation belongs to the agency and RCCL won't deal directly with you. Sorry as this wasn't what you wanted to hear. This is one of the reasons I book directly with RCCL.

The solution is to find a TA who is responsive and can handle all these details for you. There are plenty of them out there. Find one and take advantage of his or her knowledge and experience, and you will find that a good TA can be invaluable.:)

My cruise had a price drop last week and I was very concerned the balcony rooms would sell out before I got the reduction. So, I called RCI and they were very firm that only my TA could do it. So, I e-mailed the TA, told her exactly what RCI said, and she quickly took care of the refund. Perhaps it will help your TA to know that you know how it works. ;) Good luck! I saved $160! Yippee!!

You gave up all rights to your reservation when you booked through a TA. I usually book myself directly with the cruise line and take care of all details myself up to final payment. At final payment time I may turn the booking over to a TA in exchange for a perk of some sort, usually prepaid gratuities and OBC.

I like to book myself and then keep checking for price drops or cabin changes myself.

When I'm satisfies that I have the best that I can get, then I turn over the booking to my TA. He knows that I like to do this, so he helps me along with the booking until I turn it over to him. It works great for us. he gets the commission, I get the help of a TA without losing personal flexibility to change the ressie as and when I like.

Dorie

Archived