Soveriegn on New Years Eve?

Will there be anything special on NY Eve? Not talking about in the bars, but something for everyone. Thought it might be fun spending that night on a ship. Originally planned to be at Disney, but need another cruise along with a few nights at WDW.

Also, we usually cruise on the voyager class for 7 nights. Teens do not use the teen club or arcade, will they have enough activities for them to enjoy? We see all of the shows, comedians, Love and Marriage and Quest. Are all of these things on the SOS? Also enjoy napkin folding, scrapbooking, and etc. demonstrations. Johnny Rockets is a big plus.

Usually have a balcony room, but decided on an inside near the middle of the ship. It looks like most of the outside rooms for 3 are near the front of the ship (didn't want that). I know the rooms are small, but I don't think that will be a problem.

If we want to carry our own luggage off, do we have to do anything special, or can we just get in line early to walk off. It's only a 4 night cruise so one suitcase for the 3 of us should be plenty, unless I go on a spending spree in Nassau. My plan is to get off the ship, drive to Orlando, check into the hotel and get to the themepark by the time they open at 9:00. Is this possible?

If we decided on the 3 day instead, what activities would we miss? I know we would miss an evening show, but what else?

Will there be anything special on NY Eve? Not talking about in the bars, but something for everyone. Thought it might be fun spending that night on a ship. Originally planned to be at Disney, but need another cruise along with a few nights at WDW.

Also, we usually cruise on the voyager class for 7 nights. Teens do not use the teen club or arcade, will they have enough activities for them to enjoy? We see all of the shows, comedians, Love and Marriage and Quest. Are all of these things on the SOS? Also enjoy napkin folding, scrapbooking, and etc. demonstrations. Johnny Rockets is a big plus.

Usually have a balcony room, but decided on an inside near the middle of the ship. It looks like most of the outside rooms for 3 are near the front of the ship (didn't want that). I know the rooms are small, but I don't think that will be a problem.

If we want to carry our own luggage off, do we have to do anything special, or can we just get in line early to walk off. It's only a 4 night cruise so one suitcase for the 3 of us should be plenty, unless I go on a spending spree in Nassau. My plan is to get off the ship, drive to Orlando, check into the hotel and get to the themepark by the time they open at 9:00. Is this possible?

If we decided on the 3 day instead, what activities would we miss? I know we would miss an evening show, but what else?

We were on the Sovereign for B2B cruises over New Year's 2005-6. I highly recommend this cruise. My then-20 & 18 year olds were slightly peeved that we weren't on a Voyager class ship, but they actually had a good time.

Sovereign has all of the things that you mentioned, although both Quest and Love & Marriage shows are up to the CD.

We had a JS for three, and I wouldn't go smaller than that.

You have to fill out a form to do self-disembark. You may actually be better off with a couple or three small suitcases that each one of you can carry, instead of one big one.

Picking up a rental car and going to a park sounds very doable.

The difference between the three and the four day is one day at sea. Other than that, they both stop at CocoCay and Nassau. For this reason, the 4 day is much more relaxing.

Merion-Mom,

Did they have anything special on NY Eve. Granted, I have trouble even staying awake for the main shows, but the boys would be awake.

The trouble with taking several suitcases is that I am flying allegiant air into Tampa, and there is a charge per bag. Only paid for 2 bags when making reservations. Decided to try this flight and rent a car to avoid the connecting flight in Atlanta. Will probably keep the other suitcase in the rental car while on the cruise.

Trying to decide whether to take the 3 day on Dec 28th, or the 4 day on the 31st. The last few trips we have only done one day at Disney, covering all 4 parks and taking the rest of the time for the cruise. This year, Disney and Universal will be our main destination since my vacations with the boys are numbered as they are almost grown.

Don't want to overspend on this trip as I am considering a cruise out of Spain for HS graduation next summer. Probably shouldn't do this NY cruise, but having cruise cravings. Besides, when I add the cost of Disney's peak hotel rates, tickets, and food, it isn't costing that much more to exchange a few days for the cruise.

Archived