Hawaii Post Cruise

bsfish

I will be docking in Honolulu after a week on POH Aug. 13th. My flight is not until 9:30 PM. Any suggestions on a hotel with day rates or somewhere to go with the family and all the luggage??? There are seven adults.

Our flight home is also about 9 or 9:30 p.m. We have decided to rent a car at the end of the cruise, and just drive around to see some of the sites (possibly the botanical garden, Queen Emma's Palace), or whatever else strikes our fancy. We can keep our luggage with us and then drive ourselves to the airport.

To OP there are deals through the ships where you set out your luggage the night before and they send your it to the airport and it gets checked in and arrives at your final destination- I think I've read here that it is $20 for 2 pieces of luggage( it beats lugging it around or possibly having it stolen from your car) I think it's called EZFly or something like that you have to set it up with the ship to get this arranged

did easy fly. Had two rooms but only 4 pieces of luggage. We checked the four pieces with the one room (two people), but you only get 2 peoples boarding passes and have to check in the other two at the airport. It was no problem and our luggage arrived at our final detination, no problem. They only offer this for domestic flights with certain airlines

Almost no hotels or resorts in Hawaii offer day passes or day rates. If you want hotel faclitities for the day, you may need to book a hotel at the regular overnight rate and ask for early check in. At a minimum you would be able to leave your luggage with the check in desk or bell service, and then go use the pools and facilities or go exploring.

Certainly doing the EZFly sounds like a great plan if you want to rent a car for the day and explore the island. It's not a good idea to drag the luggage around all day, IMO. Many people do and have no problems, but we do not because of the heat and obvious risks of car breakins at some locations (pretty much like any other place in the world that attracts tourists).

beachchick

Archived