Egg Crate

schinz2

Some have had luck with faxing a request to Princess about a month before their cruise, but normally they still have to ask their room steward when they board the ship. If you request this as soon as you get to your cabin and you don't board late, there should not be a problem getting one.

I called Princess and the rep (who by the way was not very pleasant) said that I would have to contact my TA and have her request it for me. My TA said she had a form that she would send into Princess requesting the eggcrate. I have never requested one because the other cruise lines that I sailed on had pretty good beds but I have heard that Princess's beds are not very comfortable.

I called Princess and they gave me a fax number and a name to put : to the attention to...I did this 30 days prior to sailing and again 2 weeks before sailing. The eggcrate was in place on our bed when we arrived and we slept like babies - no problems!! I also requested feather pillows and they were wonderful.

Would you be willing to share that fax number? you can email me at krhnbt@echoes.net.

Thanks!

Couple of threads with the number in it - I guess I will email and fax it to those numbers.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=457487&highlight=egg+crate+fax+number

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=402800&highlight=egg+crate+fax+number

Fax did not work for us but we got on fairly early and requested one as soon as we found our steward. The beds on our two Princess cruises (Sun and Star) were at the bottom of the list compared to other similar lines. The eggcrate will help. Someone told me that Princess recognizes the issue and is in the process of upgrading mattresses and linen. Not certain how factual this is or what the sched will be.

Archived