Captain Davey Lubin?

RCCLismyfav

Does anyone have contact info for Captain Davey Lubin out of Sitka?

Also has anyone ever heard of this company and or experienced them?

Thank you

I have a trip with him reserved for September 5th, I've talked to him by email and telephone. Seems like a very nice person, and has excellent references/feedback from past passengers. You can find his contact info here at his website http://home.gci.net/~egseataxi/

We went out with Capt. Davey on the Ester G last year. It was one of the top excurisons we have ever taken!!! We always contact him though the http://www.puffinsandwhales.com website. We are currently lining him up for our stop at Sitka July, 2008. Can't wait!! He is very knowledgeable about Sitka Sound and the wildlife and is very friendly. Can't say enough good things about him and the trip we took with him. (The whale tale in my avatar is from our trip with him.)

My boyfriend and I went out with Davey on the Esther G in May and had a wonderful time. He has a great personality and lots of enthusiasm. We encountered a pod of about 20 Orca whales and followed them for almost an hour--a truly incredible experience. If you are prone to seasickness I would advise you to take a little something extra because the boat is small and it can get a little rough. If you're really lucky he might have some of his wifes homemade cookies!!:D

We are doing Harv and Marv in Juneau. My husband wants to make sure Going out with Captain Davey in Sitka isn't the same as the one in Juneau? What are your thoughts???

We are doing Harv and Marv in Juneau. My husband wants to make sure Going out with Captain Davey in Sitka isn't the same as the one in Juneau? What are your thoughts???

Well both are whale watches, Capt. Lubin has a small boat, 6 passengers, and is in an entirely different area. I guess the wildlife you see depends upon the area. If you have any questions email him, you'll find that he is very pleasant to deal with and may be able to give you more information to make your decision

With Capt. Davey you will also see puffins, eagles, otters, etc. I personally enjoyed our excursion with Capt. Davey more than our excursion with Orca and Capt. Larry. I haven't been out with Harv & Marv, so can't comment on their excursion personally.

Captain Davey's tours are only termed whale watches when they're his shorter tours, so it depends on what you're doing. We're taking a four-hour tour, so we have a good chance of seeing a variety of wildlife, including Steller sea lions, harbor seals, sea otters, puffins, cormorants, murres, auklets, and eagles, in addition to possibly seeing whales. That's why we chose Captain Davey over whale watching in Juneau. I've done whale watching before and never saw a breach and only one tail, so I felt for our family this was a better choice.

Davey get great reviews here on Cruise Critic--I don't recall ever reading a negative word about him. I'll write a review of our cruise when we return and, of course I'll include this excursion in it.

Happy sailing!

Jayne

$164.30 per person including the 6% Borough Tax. Well worth it. We went out on June 27 and encountered the Orca pod near Biorka island. Decided to stay with them instead of going to St. Lazaria for the puffins. Davey is a free spirit who left Virginia at 18 years old and never looked back. It's a great trip.

Hi

I seriously thought about booking with Davey for my cruise in very early Sept. I decided against it because I was told that the chances of seeing puffins are slim to none. Plus, I had some concerns with having a bad back and going on a small boat in Sitika sound with the waters being rough.

Thanks

Jennifer

Archived