We finally booked our first Riverboat Cruise, Yippee!!

ChefPeg

Today my DH and I booked our first riverboat cruise! I am so gosh darn excited!!!:)

We booked "The Black Sea to Budapest" cruise for August, 2008. It's my birthday cruise, we should be sailing through the Iron Gates in Romania on my birthday. :D

My family is in Budapest so this will be a wonderful trip for us. At least I can converse with the locals:p .

The itinerary is;

Budapest, Hungary,

Vukovar, Croatia,

Belgrade, Serbia,

cruise through the Iron gates,

Svishtov, Bulgaria,

Constanta, Romania,

Transylvania, Romania,

Bucharest, Romania.

We will stay 2 1/2 days in Budapest and 2 1/2 days in Bucharest. What a trip this will be, eh?

It was really tough to decide on a cruise line to go with but this was the only one that had Budapest and Bucharest together without adding on an extension.

The price was not too much of a factor. It seemed all cruises that included Bucharest was higher in price.

Thanks for everyone's reviews and opinions and ideas here on CruiseCritic.

Now I have some researching to do. And the fun part begins.......the long wait!

Take care,

Peggy

Hi Peggy,

How exciting for you! I know it's a long way off until you cruise, but after you go I would be very interested in your comments. We have been to Budapest before and loved it, but haven't been to any of the other cities/towns. Please post on Tauck's "Ask and Share" Board also.

Sheila

Hi Peggy,

How exciting for you! I know it's a long way off until you cruise, but after you go I would be very interested in your comments. We have been to Budapest before and loved it, but haven't been to any of the other cities/towns. Please post on Tauck's "Ask and Share" Board also.

Sheila

Hi Sheila,

That's a great idea to post a review on the "ask and share" board too. I hadn't thought of that. I just signed up for it yesterday. So I'm not real familiar with yet. I sure will be by the time I sail, lol.

Peggy

PS I am soooooooo excited!!

I just ordered a few cookbooks from Amazon on cooking from the Danube. I thought I would get a taste of the regions we will be going to.

Taste of Romania: Its Cookery and Glimpses of Its History, Folklore, Art, Literature, and Poetry (New Hippocrene

All Along the Danube: Recipes from Germany, Austria, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria

And this book was recommended by the cruise line;

Danube: A Sentimental Journey from the Source to the Black Sea

You think I'm a little excited? I still have a few ocean cruises to sail before this one.

Have a nice Sunday!!

Peggy

I hope they get more rain than this year. I have friend who took the same cruise in reverse just recently, and they never saw the Black Sea. The water was so low, they had to stop and be bused somewhere else.

I hope they get more rain than this year. I have friend who took the same cruise in reverse just recently, and they never saw the Black Sea. The water was so low, they had to stop and be bused somewhere else.

Oh noooooooo!! Where did they bus her too? Was it nice?

Peggy

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, not much happening here for a while. I'll check back later.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

I hope everyone is enjoying the hot summer weather.

Take care,

Peggy

Archived