Star heated pool

Greg in GA

I know someone has asked this before but I cannot find the posting.

Is the heated pool on the Star for anyone to use or is it considered part of the Spa and you are charged for it like a Spa service?

Thanks!

Greg

I know someone has asked this before but I cannot find the posting.

Is the heated pool on the Star for anyone to use or is it considered part of the Spa and you are charged for it like a Spa service?

Thanks!

Greg

All pools are heated I believe but the only inside pool is the small lap pool in the Spa. Access to the spa area including the pool has a daily fee or a discounted fee for the whole cruise.

Shoreguy: I hate to disagree with you but I don't think the pools on the Star are heated. We did Alaska on the Star two years ago and after the second day (and we got further north), my daughter couldn't even stand to go swimming because they were so cold. (Kids pool and main pool) My daughter doesn't usually mind cold pools so that had to be really cold!! I also don't remember anyone in the pools much after Day 2. (hot tubs were usually busy.)

I believe that the lap pool (charge) in the Spa is heated however.

Shoreguy: I hate to disagree with you but I don't think the pools on the Star are heated. We did Alaska on the Star two years ago and after the second day (and we got further north), my daughter couldn't even stand to go swimming because they were so cold. (Kids pool and main pool) My daughter doesn't usually mind cold pools so that had to be really cold!! I also don't remember anyone in the pools much after Day 2. (hot tubs were usually busy.)

I believe that the lap pool (charge) in the Spa is heated however.

You may be right - it seems several have reported the main pools are not heated on the Star. Hard to believe and making her the only ship in the fleet new or old without heat for the main pool.

Just back from the Star and the main pool temerature was 78.3 degrees the entire cruise. Keep in mind that it is a salt water pool.

The indoor spa pool is heated as well but the charge was $65+ dollars per person to use it for the week. :eek:

Just back from the Star and the main pool temerature was 78.3 degrees the entire cruise. Keep in mind that it is a salt water pool.

The indoor spa pool is heated as well but the charge was $65+ dollars per person to use it for the week. :eek:

Thank you - it seemed crazy that some reported it is not heated - if it was not the pool would have been in the 50s filled with alaska sea water.

Wow, $65 sounds steep for the Lap pool.

Guess I will be toughing it out in the outdoor pools!

Thanks to everyone who posted!

Greg

The $65 gives you more then the pool - full access to the spa sanctuary - hot tubs, sauna, steam, and a quiet aft view to watch Alaska pass,

When we went on the Star a few years ago, the outdoor pools were NOT heated- my kid can assure you of that. If they were heated, it was to about 60 degrees, tops. No one even bothered using them.:rolleyes:

Wow, $65 sounds steep for the Lap pool.

Guess I will be toughing it out in the outdoor pools!

Thanks to everyone who posted!

Greg

Greg, it does sound high, but it seems pretty standard compared to the few other lines that have the lap or in some cases T pools. The charge $15 a day or $60 plus a week. I really don't think I would put out that kind of money. It is actually for the use of many things in the spa, the pool being one of them. At least that is my understanding.

Nita

P.S. You can check the temp of the main pool on the TV in your stateroom. Whichever channel gives the ship statistics displays the pool temp.

I wasn't sure if I believed it so I dipped my foot in and sure enough, it was a nice warm salty pool. :)

The hot tubs were set about 100-101 when we were sailing. LOVED the single hot tub on the bow of the ship. Nothing like soaking in the bubbles as you watch Alaska sail by! :D

Archived