Audio books

tayl

In past threads, I believe it was Blackbird71 who spoke about listening to audio books. The thought of this sounds very relaxing. Are these available on the ship?

My personal experiance of Audio books on a cruise is they sound like a great idea but I have found that if you fall asleep reading a book it is still on the same page when you wake up, but the audio books wake me up at the end of the tape and you can never find the point in the tape where you fell asleep.

What a problem ????

In past threads, I believe it was Blackbird71 who spoke about listening to audio books. The thought of this sounds very relaxing. Are these available on the ship?

There are some audiobook CDs on the ships plus I brought a jack to plug my iPod into the Bose Wave Radio. (Radio Shack - mini-jack to two RCA plugs)

If you do iPods, the mini-jack to RCA plug cord is a great way to take YOUR music/audiobooks on a cruise.

Plus some libraries now have "iPod" type devices loaded with one audiobook that you can check out.

BB has near 400 audiobooks in mp3 format kept on DVDs and now a 250Gig (70 of books) USB harddrive

I bought the audio book about the Panama Canal, that everyone in here has mentioned....cant think of the name at the moment.....but then I am "post operative" so allowed to have significant memory loss.......:confused:...the point is.....by the time I am actually ON the Panama Canal, I doubt I will have gotten past Page 3!!! I fall asleep every time I try to listen to it!.....START AGAIN.......(been trying for 6 months)

>"I fall asleep every time I try to listen to it!.....START AGAIN.......(been trying for 6 months)"

That's the way I felt trying to read it, 'The Path Between the Seas'. Dead boring. I am sure there will be some great enrichment lectures on the Canal as well as a guide to narrate as the Pride passes through the locks. Don't sweat it.

I had the opportunity to listen to a Sue Grafton mystery audio book a few weeks ago while driving through New Mexico. I found it awful as the reader tried to change her vocal inflections to identify different characters. It was tedious and I am going to stick to the written page.

To each their own. I love them. I just was ROFL with the latest Janet Evanovich book. ( Short First Chapter here )There is something about listening to someone speaking with a Jersey accent that to me comes across better than on a written page.

On my Nov Pride cruise, I loved listening to one of the latest Robert B Parker Spenser (for hire) books while my eyes watched the ocean outside of windown on the world. :)

Archived