Should I book Victory...

lovacruz

We want to plan a fast cruise leaving NYC. The victory is the only one available. Will travel with two older teens. Was on Legend last year and to me there is no better. I know this is going to Canada which is fine for us but how do you think it would be for two older teens(17 & 20)

Is there a dance club for them at night? HOw would someone rate this ship to the Legend. Thanks all suggestions appreciated.

We've sailed both Legend and Victory out of NYC, and are sailing Victory again in August. I can't speak to the 20 YO, but for the 17 YO there will be a Club O2; my oldest son enjoyed Club O2 on both ships. Your 20 YO will be able to go to the Club Actic disco at night - it's 18 and up.

I know a lot of people prefer Legend's layout to Victory's. Victory has two dining rooms with a midships galley, so decks 3 and 4 do not go from fore to aft, and it tends to confuse people (it doesn't show well on the deck plans). Since Legend has only one dining room with the galley below, all decks go through. I personally preferred Victory - I wasn't a fan of all the urns in Legend's lobby and I found too much vibration in the dining room.

For a long weekend cruise to Canada, I think Victory works well.

Hi. I can only comment on the Victory,as I have not sailed on the other. I took 2 eighteen year olds on the Victory in Oct. of last year. We sailed out of Charleston to the Bahamas. My 18 year old son is one of those people who has to stay busy and I worried at first that he would not have enough to do and get bored. WRONG. He had a blast. I have booked another cruise for next year for my next to the oldest son (graduation). He will be 18 by then. We loved this ship and I did not hesitate when I booked her again. Hope this helps.

We will be waiting to hear how everything goes. I hope you all have a great time. P.S. I checked the capers every morning and let the 18 year olds know where all the "cool" stuff was going on.

How do they check if you are 18 to get into the dance club for 18 and over. My son looks 20 but he is 17 and the other two we are traveling with are 20 and 21. What does he do? Anyone run into this problem. Thanks for feedback.

They scan your room key and it lets them know if you are over 18. On most ships I have been on, they are very strict with this. On some ships they have even asked for ID. My DD who is 20 can get in but my other DD who is 17 cannot, even accompanied by parents.

We want to plan a fast cruise leaving NYC. The victory is the only one available. Will travel with two older teens. Was on Legend last year and to me there is no better. I know this is going to Canada which is fine for us but how do you think it would be for two older teens(17 & 20)

Is there a dance club for them at night? HOw would someone rate this ship to the Legend. Thanks all suggestions appreciated.

"The Victory is the only one available"

That says it all. You have Hobson's choice--this cruise or none at all. We were not too happy with the ship but the cruise ports were very nice. If this is your ONLY option then you should enjoy it--we met a 16 and 18 year old who felt there wasn't that much for them to do.

Look for the pluses and try to ignore the minuses. My BH and I had a nice time despite not caring for the ship.

We very much liked the bar with the picture of the Tsar--the Champagne or Wine bar--whatever. The barkeep, a Thai lady named Chanchai was just a delight.

The Victory was my first cruise, and I loved it. Having sailed the Legend as well, I will say the decor is very different, and the layout was a little confusing, but we still had a ball and loved the ship!

Archived