If missing CoCoCay

lauren0309

How can the ship "not" tender you? If you want to get off the ship at a port then you should be able to. Can they really just tell people "only the first 1,000 the rest of you cannot leave the ship":eek:

That doesn't sound right

Sometimes the water is too rough for the tenders to line up with the ship.

How can the ship "not" tender you? If you want to get off the ship at a port then you should be able to. Can they really just tell people "only the first 1,000 the rest of you cannot leave the ship":eek:

That doesn't sound right

The ship will not send the tenders out of their harbor at Coco Cay if the waves are too high or too choppy or if it is raining heavily or lightening.

I have been on one of those tender boats when the weather changed in the afternoon and the tide picked up. It was very hard to get back on the ship. The waves were so high and the tender boat kept jumping up and down. The two crew guys who were helping people get back on Majesty had all they could do to keep the gangway in place.

They'd just get it in place and the tender boat would shoot upward when a wave shot up and if you were on the gangway at such a moment you could be thrown into the side of the ship or into the air.

It was very difficult for the people with canes or walkers or any mobility issues. It took us forever to unload the tender boat and, frankly, I was getting seasick from the violently rocking tender boat.

When my turn finally came to tackle the gangway, it flew up and I went flying into the ship--luckily. Hubby came flying after me.

The truth is if a ship's crew has reason to believe that it is too dangerous to use tender boats, you will not be getting off the ship. Why? Because the tender boat crew are at risk. The passengers are at risk. And even the tender boat itself is at risk in heavy waves and violent weather.

While we've been to CoCoCay before we're looking forward to going to it again since it's been quite a few years. But if the ship can't tender you to CoCoCay do you just stay at sea for the day?

It depends on the length of your cruise.

We missed CocoCay in February on Mariner and went to San Juan instead, but it was a 7 night cruise.

We have made it to the island both times we have been on Sovereign, so I can't speak from experience, but I believe you just have a sea day if you are on a shorter cruise.

Archived