What do you like (or not) about the Glory?

I'm thinking of booking a cruise on the Glory in 2008. We went on the Miracle this past February and loved the itinerary. I started looking for a cruise with a similar itinerary and saw the Glory is doing almost the same ports. We're thinking of a New Year's cruise with our kids, who will be 13 and 9. So putting itinerary aside (Glory wins on this one), why would you choose this ship? I've done some quick research on the Glory and it looks great. I know it is bigger than the Miracle, but I'm wondering - what do you like about her? Anything you don't like? Just curious in everyone's opinons.

I have been on both the Glory and Miracle. They are both fine ships, but I like the design of the Spirit class ships like the Miracle better. There is one dining room on the Miracle, the Glory has two. This makes for a deck on the Glory that doesn't go all the way through due to the galley in the middle. We always seemed to get on the wrong elevator and then had to walk up or down a floor to get around the galley. The Glory holds about 300 more passengers than the Miracle. The cabins on both ships looked identical to me. We had a balcony room on both. We were on deck 8 on both ships. I would advise you to not book directly below the Lido deck on either ship due to the noise from the pool, band and sliding chairs. We are booked for the Eastern Caribbean aboard the Glory on March 29, 2008, this time on deck 7.

I'm thinking of booking a cruise on the Glory in 2008. We went on the Miracle this past February and loved the itinerary. I started looking for a cruise with a similar itinerary and saw the Glory is doing almost the same ports. We're thinking of a New Year's cruise with our kids, who will be 13 and 9. So putting itinerary aside (Glory wins on this one), why would you choose this ship? I've done some quick research on the Glory and it looks great. I know it is bigger than the Miracle, but I'm wondering - what do you like about her? Anything you don't like? Just curious in everyone's opinons.

Hey All,

We just got off the Glory on 7/7. Honestly, there was nothing that I can say I did NOT like. The ship was very clean, loaded with activities and the food was wonderful. There seemed to be enough options to meet each persons desire. For example, if you did not choose to eat b/fast in the lido (a hopping place, even in the early AM), one can choose to eat in the dining room.

I tend to expect the best and have very high expectation (especially after the amount of research I do prior to booking a vaca). I truly was NOT let down at all with the Glory!

If I choose not to cruise her again (any time soon) the ONLY reason would be that I would like a change...a new experience.

BTW, I traveled with my DH (we are in our early 40's) and ds(13) and dd(15). They had a beautiful time, as well!

Feel free to send specific questions my way. I will be on the lookout for them:)

Hey All,

We just got off the Glory on 7/7. Honestly, there was nothing that I can say I did NOT like. The ship was very clean, loaded with activities and the food was wonderful. There seemed to be enough options to meet each persons desire. For example, if you did not choose to eat b/fast in the lido (a hopping place, even in the early AM), one can choose to eat in the dining room.

I tend to expect the best and have very high expectation (especially after the amount of research I do prior to booking a vaca). I truly was NOT let down at all with the Glory!

If I choose not to cruise her again (any time soon) the ONLY reason would be that I would like a change...a new experience.

BTW, I traveled with my DH (we are in our early 40's) and ds(13) and dd(15). They had a beautiful time, as well!

Feel free to send specific questions my way. I will be on the lookout for them:)

...PS: One note, if I was not traveling with my ds and dd I would research other options. To me, there is a difference in traveling with my children and without. Traveling with out my children, I tend to look for something a bit romantic...the Glory seemed to have many, many families...which was wonderful while traveling with my children. Different times of the year may bring on a different cruiser...I would look into this if I had the need.

I will be boarding the Glory on Sept. 29. I believe that this ship is very similar to the Valor. I was on the Valor back in May, everything you said about the Glory, I could have said about my cruise on the Valor. I'm really looking forward to boarding the Glory 81 days from now.

I have been on the Glory, and on the miracle and loved both.

the glory is a little bigger.....and hard to get around at first, but u learn it, and it is a piece of cake.

I loved the ship, loved the food, and loved the eastern itinery so much , that i am going again in September. I was last on her the end of November, 2005.

Denise

Just so you don't think it's the "perfect" ship...since there is no such ship...

I'll just say that the decor on the Glory was not my favorite. That wouldn't keep me from booking it again, though.

I like the way the Glory has a supper club, and I love the Fish and Chips station on the Lido.

I didn't like the layout of the Glory. The promenade narrows to a tiny bottleneck that causes people to literally have to line up to get through. I also didn't like the way they displayed the Gala Buffet in the Lido eatery, rather than in one of the dining rooms...not nearly as attractive as in the dining room, and the Lido area suffers from another one of those bottlenecks.

By far, my favorite ship has been the Pride: Beautiful decor, a lovely supper club (with maybe a little too much anatomy on display from Michelangelo's David :eek:), easy-to-navigate layout, pools that have a wading area built in so you can sit and soak your feet, and two-level dance clubs that, while smaller, make it feel like more of a party even when there aren't many people dancing. The staterooms on the Pride are exactly the same as the Glory.

We've been on 2 cruises... both on The Glory. We've done both itineraries, and had a fabulous time on both! Our second cruise was so much better than the first. Basically, because we knew the ship, but mostly because we joined the roll call. We made some wonderful friends, and many of us are going to get together for a reunion cruise in 2009.

So, in my opinion, you'll love the Glory!

In another thread we put the Glory down as our third favorite of the Conquest class ships (we go on the Freedom in August). The reason we put it behind The Liberty and The Conquest was simply for the decor. We thought the Liberty was well thought out with respect to theme elements, and we liked the color scheme on the Conquest (more subdued earthy colors).

We found the Glory to be tacky by comparison to the other two sisters. Much of the decor seemed plastic and cheap. This of course was especially true for the atrium and the dining rooms.

Otherwise all three (now four) ships are virtually identical. The spa, the gymnasium, the lido deck, the basketball and volleyball courts, running track etc. are the same. The food is the same, the menus are basically the same.

I understand that the decor has been changed a bit since we were on it two years ago, so my opinion might need to be upgraded. At any rate, decor should NOT be any deal breaker, as the ship is very comfortable.

Have a nice cruise.

BnB

In another thread we put the Glory down as our third favorite of the Conquest class ships (we go on the Freedom in August). The reason we put it behind The Liberty and The Conquest was simply for the decor. We thought the Liberty was well thought out with respect to theme elements, and we liked the color scheme on the Conquest (more subdued earthy colors).

We found the Glory to be tacky by comparison to the other two sisters. Much of the decor seemed plastic and cheap. This of course was especially true for the atrium and the dining rooms.

Otherwise all three (now four) ships are virtually identical. The spa, the gymnasium, the lido deck, the basketball and volleyball courts, running track etc. are the same. The food is the same, the menus are basically the same.

I understand that the decor has been changed a bit since we were on it two years ago, so my opinion might need to be upgraded. At any rate, decor should NOT be any deal breaker, as the ship is very comfortable.

Have a nice cruise.

BnB

Hi,

Am thinking of booking the Glory for our summer vacation next year. We just now returned from the Freedom (Royal Caribbean). My son who is 11 now, will be 12 next summer, how is the Glory for that age group? Did your son enjoy it? I think they have them in the 12-15 group age, is that correct? Is the arcade as large as Royal Caribbean? Thanks for any advice, we have never cruised Carnival, we are doing the Liberty this winter, but just adults, I will go take a look at the kids club at that point.

thanks

newlu

We actually are booked on the Miracle Southern in Feb 08, it will be the first time on the Miracle for us, although we have been on the Legend and I hear it is similar.

We were on the Glory last February on the Eastern, it was just my dh and myself and we had a wonderful time. I didn't think the decor was tacky, they actually did alot of the decoration in the Lido area with tiles and I liked it. We prefer the set up of these type of ships, due to the stadium style pool areas (better for people watching), and once you get used to navigating the ship, it is pretty simple. When we were there the passengers were very mixed in age which was nice. My dh also loved the Fish n Chips - he was disappointed when I told him the Miracle did not have one.

Yes, I have posted on the Sept 29 roll call, I just haven't posted anything lately. I have been reading it though. I do like the name tag that someone posted there. It would be neat to have something like that for us to use.

Archived