PG dining

stew300

I can't comment on La Verandah since it's changed since was on the PG. Le Grill experience depends on the time of year--when it's not terribly hot and humid, it provides very pleasant al fresco dining, nice when moored in Bora Bora for instance. The food is somewhat Asian, accent on seafood, nice, although not up to the main dining room. It can be very romantic.

La Veranda and Le Grill require reservations for dinner. Would appreciate hearing of your experiences.

Of the two I liked Le Grill, or the Pacific Grill in the evening, better than La Veranda.

Wendy was spot on with the food in Le Grill. La Veranda is Italian.

I would definitely try both but I really liked the food in the main dining room. You can make one reservation in each online and you can make more once you are onboard.

What kind of experiences are you looking for? Food? Atmosphere?

Caroline

We actually much preferred La Veranda which has an accent on French food. The menu changed once on our 14 day cruise, but there is a special main course every evening. The ambience and service we found to be much nicer than in the main restaurant.

Try to book Le Grill on a night when you are moored as it can be very noisy with the wind and the air conditioning units.

Roz

I'm a little confused about reservations at the restaurants. We are sailing August 22nd and were told by Regent that reservations were only required at La Veranda. The other two restaurants did not require them. Can someone clarify this for me.

We're still talking about the PG? I'm surprised, since reservations are required at Le Grill as well. It may be that you just can't do it on line--in the past we have made ours the first afternoon when we bumped into the head waiter. It's usually not hard to get a booking there, unless there is a group who books it on a particular night. I agree, not great if you're on the "high seas", but that depends on the weather, you are protected somewhat from the wind.

We're still talking about the PG? I'm surprised, since reservations are required at Le Grill as well. It may be that you just can't do it on line--in the past we have made ours the first afternoon when we bumped into the head waiter. It's usually not hard to get a booking there, unless there is a group who books it on a particular night. I agree, not great if you're on the "high seas", but that depends on the weather, you are protected somewhat from the wind.

On our May 19th cruise I was able to make reservations at both Le Grill and La Veranda online. I think it is 28 days before the cruise. You can also make Le Grill reservations on board during lunch.

If you make reservations online you should have a confirmation in your cabin on boarding.

I wonder if there is some name confusion since they also call Le Grill the Pacific Grill at night when it becomes a reservation for dinner location?

BTW, the best time to eat in Le Grill, IMHO, is when you are at anchor; at sea it might be too windy. Since it is mostly outdoors it might also be hot and muggy.

Caroline

We ate dinner one night at La Veranda after being invited to join one of the staff members there. It was kind of like trying to place a stainless-steel crown in the mouth of an old man who doesn't want to have to pay for it. Perhaps it was just what was on the menu that evening, but it was the worst food I had on the cruise. Although we ate breakfast there twice and lunch a couple of times, we never ate dinner there again.

We ate at La Veranda on our last cruise, 10-06, also because we were invited to dine with the Executive Captain. we had a better experience as it was a lobster dinner that was great. The company was great also. The only thing that was uncomfortable was that we thought, incorrectly, we were going to dine with the Captain, and a fellow cruise couple were invited to actually dine with the captain so we went with them to the main dining room only to learn of our confusion, c'est la vie.

Archived