Deposit Question

JoefromBergenNJ

Many run specials that lower the deposit to $100 per person throughout the year. Often times they also include SBC's along with it. No idea why they do this or if it is sponsered by the cruise line itself or the Travel Agent.

I may be wrong (a TA will certainly point that out :D !), but from what I've experienced and read a TA who books a lot of bookings on a particular line gets lower prices.

As Toto said, if you check with your TA and ask about "specials" you can often find OBC's and "group" pricing. Sometimes it's from the cruise line, sometimes it's from the company for which the TA works.

We've taken advantage of several low deposit bookings and OBC's from our TA.

My TA told me that most of the time the smaller deposits are a special deal offered by the cruise line for a limited time. If you look at online agencies you will often notice that many of them have the same deals at the same time. The national agency he books through also offers specials.

On my cruise in Jan 2008 I got a total of $300 OBC.

$100 from cruise line

$100 from TA

$100 from booking agency

we live in Bergen County and have an excellent TA. we used her for 2 previous trips (one cruise and one Caribbean vacation) and she was consistently lower than any other deal I could find on the Internet. We just booked the CB for June 22, 2008 and she got us a balcony for over 400 less than Princess advertises. We only had to leave $100 deposits for each person.

Let me know and I can give you her info...

Archived